How to move library contents without reescan?

inforbaix

inforbaix

894/5000
Hello everyone, today I had a nasty problem.
I put you in position: I currently have 4 hard disks with multimedia content. Movies, series, etc.
I currently have the movies in a library called "movies" that gets the contents of 4 folders called "movies" on each of the hard disks.
Well, the problem comes when I move movies from one folder to another, since when scanning the library, it automatically searches the metadata again. Then I find that some movies have been recognized badly (In Spanish, the precision is around 80%) and therefore have another title. In addition, the main image, corresponds to the old film, for which, visually it is not easy to recognize it.
In conclusion, there would be no way to move folders between the same library, without having to re-scan?

Thank's!!

Happy2Play

Your Movies have 4 different paths, so the path changes every time you move something.  Do you have images and metadata saved with your media?  If so then only the path would get updated.  If not then the server treats the move as new media as the original path is different.

The only way around this would be with a program that pools your drives like drivepool or drive bender.