Artist name MISSING in Kodi

cw-kid

Angelblue05

The Kodi music database is way more complex than the video one. It must have something to do with numbers or at least, artist name that start with numbers. Best thing to do is to create another Kodi profile, import to Kodi library (without Emby), the artist that's problematic and check this entry in the database compared to what Emby for Kodi is doing on your other profile. Do they do anything special with the names, etc?

Sorry I can't do it myself, but hopefully it will give you a better sense of where the issue lies.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

sualfred

In my eyes the DB is much more easier to understand because all information are stored in own tables and "complicated" cross links - like the unique-id stuff for videos - don't exist.

I see no difference and it has nothing to do with numbers in the beginning. I also faced it a couple of times with the "Beatsteaks".

sualfred

Yep, makes no sense. The only common ground is that it only affects the artist (ARTIST table) with ID #1. All other music nodes (ALBUM, SONG table, etc) have no problem.

Edited by sualfred

Pitchshift

In my eyes the DB is much more easier to understand because all information are stored in own tables and "complicated" cross links - like the unique-id stuff for videos - don't exist.

I see no difference and it has nothing to do with numbers in the beginning. I also faced it a couple of times with the "Beatsteaks".

I've had it happened to me with different artists when I've done a full re-sync so it's nothing to do with the artist's name. Only thing I do know is it's always an artist within the first 10 artists in my library (I have no idea how to check my databases to give you anything more specific).

sualfred

I've had it happened to me with different artists when I've done a full re-sync so it's nothing to do with the artist's name. Only thing I do know is it's always an artist within the first 10 artists in my library (I have no idea how to check my databases to give you anything more specific).

You just have to check your MyMusic60.db, which is stored in the userdata/database folder of Kodi.

It's a SQL Lite database. For Windows/Mac you can use this: http://sqlitebrowser.org/. The ID can be found in column #1 of the artist table.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
LovesKodiGuy

I Finally solved this for me...

problem: in music/artist my first entry says: [missing]

inside that are 1 or more Artist (Bands/Musicians)

my Solution that worked for me:

goto music/artist/[missing]/one of the artist there: right click Artist, click Information then click Refresh

(in Aeon Nox skin if it does not say: Download Failed  you will see in that Artist Info a Extras button clicked for 2 options: 1-Youtube and 2-Fullscreen Fanart)

if it said Download Failed then keep Refreshing until it does not say that.

(In Aeon Nox skin keep info/refreshing these albums till you see 2nd option in Extras: Fullscreen Fanart, click on that...Fixed!)

it will disappear from [Missing] folder when Fixed...because it downloaded the missing info. (might need to set a fan art i don't know, I did)

so the problem seems to be when Querying music artist for info, thumbs and fanarts, the download does not work completely for every Artist.

By repeating info/refreshing the Artist in [missing], it eventually works.

Hope This helps you guys too...

I'm Using Krypton 17.3 Version

Now I trying to figure out how to solve that one screwed up album in music albums, that has extra songs in it not from that album...

This started in update 17.3, atm i just deal with having one screwed up album, i rated the songs that are actually part of the correct album to see them easier as a temp fix.

this problem persist even with a db wipe, music clean, album folder removal, source removal, retagging, etc, etc...(I am believing that's it's that album's location in the database)

Edited by LovesKodiGuy

yardameus

I Finally solved this for me...

problem: in music/artist my first entry says: [missing]

inside that are 1 or more albums

my Solution that worked for me:

goto music/artist/[missing]/one of the albums there: information/refresh

Then if it does not say: Download Failed you will see in Info/Extras 2 options: 1-Youtube and 2-Fullscreen Fanart

if it said Download Failed then keep Refreshing until it does not say that.

Keep info/refreshing these albums till you see 2nd option in Extras: Fullscreen Fanart, click on that...Fixed!...

it will disappear from [Missing] folder when Fixed...

so the problem seems to be when updating music database of info, thumbs & fanarts, the download does not work completely every time.

By force info/refreshing the Album, it eventually works, and you get the Extras/Fanart option.

Hope This helps you guys too...

I'm Using Krypton 17.3 Version

Now I trying to figure out how to solve that one screwed up album in music albums, that has extra songs in it not from that album...

This started in update 17.3, atm i just deal with having one screwed up album, i rated the songs that are actually part of the correct album to see them easier as a temp fix.

this problem persist even with a db wipe, music clean, album folder removal, source removal, retagging, etc, etc...

What skin are you using?  I'm assuming this is the refresh button in the info screen, not the emby options refresh item?  This doesn't screw anything up?  I've not had good luck refreshing items with Kodi's refresh, but this was with movies or tv shows.  Also, do you have add-ons for downloading fanart and the like for music?

LovesKodiGuy

Yes the refresh button in the info screen....and No it does not screw anything up, it fixes that [missing] info on that one Artist.. (in music artist only)

What I meant by force refreshing, was to keep doing it till it downloads correctly (the thumbs and fanarts for the artist).

I use the default Krypton 17.3 skin and  Aeon Nox 6.0.1 (my main skin) I solved prob in both skins in different installs.

I realize now that just the Aeon Nox skin has the extras button in info, sorry about that.

For me this had nothing to do with Emby, since I do not use that...

Information provider I installed and use:
Universal Album Scrapper 2.7.0 (main one)
1ting 1.0.7
encyclopaedia Metallum 2.0.0
TheAudioDB Album Scrapper 1.20
Top100.cn 1.0.0
Local information only 1.0.0
I have ran each one and Queried info for all albums and artist. I am not sure if this was needed or if one overwrites the other (or they just add all their info together).

Aeon Nox installed the Extras Button on my albums and artist information screen and also installed
Kodi add-on Grab Fanart  https://kodi.tv/addon/libraries/grab-fanart but i do not think this was needed to fix the problem

i personally believe all that was needed was to keep trying to refresh the artist till it downloaded and not failed, then set a fan art to remove it from [missing].
You do not need the Aeon skins extra button, because I remember doing this with the kodi's default skin and removing the [missing] by multi refresh till it succeeded.
I did not spam refresh i would try it, if failed i would try a different one, when only one was remaining I refreshed it, then waited a bit, then tried again till it worked.
The reason [missing] shows up first is its alphabetically in order...
Edited by LovesKodiGuy
  • Like 1

LovesKodiGuy

@@LovesKodiGuy - so did your refresh scrape information from the Kodi scrapers rather than Emby?

Yes Just Kodi Scrapers.... :)

Just like artist thumbs and fanart, I also keep refreshing thet album covers choices to get better resolution thumbs (album/info/refresh-till it actually downloads thumbs i want for the albums).

if it did not say download failed, i check to see if the thumbs loaded for that album, if not i refresh again till i get the thumbs...

I do not know why it just doesn't do it correctly the first time, but o well, and this fix works for me. It takes patience though.

Edited by LovesKodiGuy

• 4 weeks later...
Pitchshift

Yes Just Kodi Scrapers.... :)

Just like artist thumbs and fanart, I also keep refreshing thet album covers choices to get better resolution thumbs (album/info/refresh-till it actually downloads thumbs i want for the albums).

if it did not say download failed, i check to see if the thumbs loaded for that album, if not i refresh again till i get the thumbs...

I do not know why it just doesn't do it correctly the first time, but o well, and this fix works for me. It takes patience though.

I've not been able to get this working using your method @@LovesKodiGuy.

Is this issue in the pipe line to get fixed at all @@Angelblue05?

cw-kid

You just have to check your MyMusic60.db, which is stored in the userdata/database folder of Kodi.

It's a SQL Lite database. For Windows/Mac you can use this: http://sqlitebrowser.org/. The ID can be found in column #1 of the artist table.

I installed SQLiteBrowser looking at my local MyMusic60.db 

The artist I was having issues with in the first post of this thread, was an artist called "112" 

This artist is indeed ID 1 in the database see screen shots

Artist Table:

5962654fa8fa5_ArtistID1.png

Album Table:

596265613beca_AlbumID1.png

cw-kid

I just tried refreshing this artist in Kodi from the artist information page and using Kodi's native scrapers as previously suggested, but it doesn't seem to fix anything, it flashing up a dialogue box quickly saying "Searching Artist" and that's all that happens and the artist name still says [Missing]

Then looking in the Kodi settings under "Media" - "Music" - "Default provider for artist information" this is currently set to "Local information only". 

I changed it to "Universal artist scraper" instead and tried refreshing the artist again. But it does the same thing brings up the "Searching artist" dialogue box briefly and nothing then seems to happen / change. 

I also tried right clicking the artist to bring up the context menu and selected "Emby Options" and "Refresh this item" but again no change to the incorrect artist name.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Angelblue05

There's no definitive answer of what the actually bug is. I cannot reproduce this. All my artist name show up. But I only have 93.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitchshift

Summary of the issue is that the artist with ID 1 in the database displays as [Missing] within the Kodi library (Emby is fine). I have 259 artists in my library and using OSMC installed on a Raspberry Pi. What other information do you need and I'll try provide it?

Angelblue05

Is the issue only on OSMC? And what do you mean by ID 1? Which database column are you referring to?

cw-kid

Is the issue only on OSMC? And what do you mean by ID 1? Which database column are you referring to?

No same on my Windows 10 laptop with the Emby add-on. 

See here for database info  :D

• Like 2

yardameus

The common denominator seems to be an artist name that is numbers.  Also seems to be not entirely Emby based.  

Angelblue05

No same on my Windows 10 laptop with the Emby add-on.

See here for database info :D

Thank you! I finally see what you are seeing. I see the [missing] too! Ok, well I'll test normal Kodi. I definitely don't have that issue pre-Krypton.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I found the issue, working on the fix at this time.

In the normal Kodi database, no idea but they create a [Missing Tag] entry in the database:

5984f55d8dca4_db.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Someone give this build a try. To fix this, you'll need to reset your local database, let it resync. Let me know if the issue persists. Sorry it took so long to resolve this.

plugin.video.emby-2.3.50a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 3

Pitchshift

Someone give this build a try. To fix this, you'll need to reset your local database, let it resync. Let me know if the issue persists. Sorry it took so long to resolve this.

Downloaded, installed and running a new sync after resetting my database. Will report back once the sync has completed. 

Edited by Pitchshift
  • Like 1