Question about my hard drives

khodges747

khodges747

That didn't help either. I also did another machine reboot, just in case.

A Saturday night without MB? This is not gonna be pleasant.

Edit: FYI, it also doesn't work over XBox One. Same problem, except no spinning circle, only a black screen. So that's 3 different machines that suddenly don't work: 2 PCs and an XBox One.

Edited by khodges747

FWIW I'm on server 3.1.4 (with 3.2.1 waiting to be applied, manually since I'm running server as a service), and ET 2.5.38, and things are playing fine.

Just took a look at your server log, it looks like you have network problems that you'll need to resolve.

System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found.

I am sorry this has led you to believe there is an Emby problem. We will need to look at ways of making sure you are notified of this.

khodges747

Thanks Luke.

Now the problem is I have no idea what the problem is. I didn't change the network name, in fact I don't even know the network name.

This is Windows 10 Pro if you have any suggestions of what to do.

khodges747

I just found the problem. The HDD that contains all my media files seems to have died without warning. It doesn't show up in File Explorer and Crystal Disk Info can't detect it either. I have a backup, but it will be a couple days before I can replace the disk.

Thanks for your help, glad it wasn't an Emby problem at all.

khodges747

Just FYI, it turns out the disk didn't fail, it came unplugged! I've never had a HDD connection wriggle free before, but in this case the power cable had come loose. Odd, but easier to fix than a replacement HDD.

• Like 1