Krypton not reporting play status to server

Letters

horstepipe

@ yes. The dbid is already part of the plugin path and this info needs to be loaded for kodi to link back to the database entry. You also need to specify the media type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys I need to needle you, again.

Wouldn't this also solve my problem with strm files which point to gdrive plugin? When the info is being linked back to the database entry, shouldn't that work?

Edited by horstepipe

xnappo

@@agentxan 's fix has (hopefully) been pushed to the beta repo.  Refresh the repo and you should see 2.3.47.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

elsker

@@agentxan 's fix has (hopefully) been pushed to the beta repo.  Refresh the repo and you should see 2.3.47.

xnappo

2.3.47 seems to break functionality almost completely for me. When I play from kodi emby is not notified, when I remote play from emby the episode plays in kodi but emby doens't seem to recognise it is playing at all no progress or watched status update. 

Switching back to 2.3.46 returned things to normal for remote play will have to install the fix again though for kodi play. :) 

Edited by elsker

horstepipe

@null_pointer yes. The dbid is already part of the plugin path and this info needs to be loaded for kodi to link back to the database entry. You also need to specify the media type.

Wouldn't this also solve my problem with strm files which point to gdrive plugin? When the info is being linked back to the database entry, shouldn't that work?

Sorry I messed something up with my posts here :/

Edited by horstepipe

hstamas

Sorry I messed something up with my posts here :/

@horsepipe why don't you just give it a try and report back?

horstepipe

@horsepipe why don't you just give it a try and report back?

I did, it doesn't :-(

I asked because it sounds for me that what Angelblue mentioned is not implemented in Git, yet.

So I'm a little confused if what you were talking about is already completely done or if I still can hope :-)

Edited by horstepipe

hstamas

I did, it doesn't :-(

I asked because it sounds for me that what Angelblue mentioned is not implemented in Git, yet.

So I'm a little confused if what you were talking about is already completely done or if I still can hope :-)

Have you tried the fix in post #62? As of right now, that is the fix that's being rolled into the Git and repo version of the plug in as far as I know.

It has fixed the problem for me with no ill effects.

horstepipe

Have you tried the fix in post #62? As of right now, that is the fix that's being rolled into the Git and repo version of the plug in as far as I know.

It has fixed the problem for me with no ill effects.

Yep I tried the current beta. But does it already include this?:

The dbid is already part of the plugin path and this info needs to be loaded for kodi to link back to the database entry. You also need to specify the media type.

Sounds to me like this still has to happen.

elsker

elsker, can you post your kodi.log file

@@agentxan,

I don't know much about the logs, but it looks like it reset? so I have posted the log and the old one it backed up. Since the issue I have switched back to the stable version and reinstalled your patched kodimonitor.py and shutdown overnight and just booted up and is working as before. 

current log:

https://pastebin.com/CvKGM5Qk

old log

https://pastebin.com/X1KC00xi

Let me know if I can do anything else. Thank you

agentxan

@@elsker Can you get a log from the latest release (2.3.47) trying to play the file both ways? The logs you posted were from 2.3.46 with my previous fix which is different then the one added to 2.3.47.

Edited by agentxan

CBers

TL:DR

Just played something in Kodi Krypton on my Nvidia Shield TV and playback is being reported on my Emby server.

Playback still being reported on my Emby server with latest beta (2.3.47).

Tension113

Updated my Kodi to 17.1 and then the latest Emby beta on my Nvidia shield last night and everything is good on my end..  Thanks for getting all of this figured out.. :)

hstamas

Yep I tried the current beta. But does it already include this?:

No not the beta repo. I'm referring to a patch download, totally separate from the plugin itself that @@agentxan posted in #62 that fixes the problem. It was stated that his patch will be rolled into the beta repo version of the plugin eventually although it looks like from the few posts above this one that it might have recently happened? Can anyone officially say yes or no?

horstepipe

No not the beta repo. I'm referring to a patch download, totally separate from the plugin itself that @@agentxan posted in #62 that fixes the problem. It was stated that his patch will be rolled into the beta repo version of the plugin eventually although it looks like from the few posts above this one that it might have recently happened? Can anyone officially say yes or no?

yep looks like it is merged:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/commits/develop

But unfortunately, no change for me. Kodi still only shows file-name.mkv playing, not movie-name. So still no automatic watched state update and no play status on server dashboard for me, what a pity :-/

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

@@horstepipe

can you post a kodi log using the latest beta.

okay will install plugin version 2.3.47 from official beta repo, just to make sure we're talking about the same :-)

elsker

@@elsker Can you get a log from the latest release (2.3.47) trying to play the file both ways? The logs you posted were from 2.3.46 with my previous fix which is different then the one added to 2.3.47.

@agentxan

Ok I updated to 2.3.47 again here is my log:

https://pastebin.com/B2SYurJu

I played a file from within kodi within emby it was not reporting as played. I let it play for over a minute. 

I then stopped it and remote played a different file from emby server through the web interface (to kodi) again it starts playing in kodi but as far as emby server is concerned it didn't start and nothing is playing. 

I noticed in both cases that the info didn't update for at least a minute in kodi (screenshot attached to explain)

http://imgur.com/a/PnJ56

when I use your previous fix that info updates within seconds and everything above works perfectly. :)

Thanks.

Edit: I tried a clean reboot of the system with 2.3.47 and same issues exactly.

Also if I try to go back to 2.3.46 kodi always crashes. (fixed by disabling addon first probably logical)

Edited by elsker

hstamas

yep looks like it is merged:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/commits/develop

But unfortunately, no change for me. Kodi still only shows file-name.mkv playing, not movie-name. So still no automatic watched state update and no play status on server dashboard for me, what a pity :-/

@@horstepipe, you mentioned a few posts back that you are playing strm files? Is this online content (Exodus etc.? Sorry, Im not real familiar with that kind of content). If yes, I don't think think you are ever going to get play state reporting to work as far as I know. Same thing is being discussed over on the Plex forums for the PlexKodiConnect add-on (basically an Emby for Kodi fork) and it doesn't work there either.

horstepipe

@@horstepipe, you mentioned a few posts back that you are playing strm files? Is this online content (Exodus etc.? Sorry, Im not real familiar with that kind of content). If yes, I don't think think you are ever going to get play state reporting to work as far as I know. Same thing is being discussed over on the Plex forums for the PlexKodiConnect add-on (basically an Emby for Kodi fork) and it doesn't work there either.

Yep, strm files pointing to the gdrive plugin.

I'm aware of this "unsolvable" problem, but this thread gave me a little hope again.

But I guess there is really no solution for it because of Kodi limitations regarding strm files...

• 1 month later...
rlopezcomputers

OK guys. So I have the same issue like everybody else with the recently widget. I update everything still no go.My system as follows

QNAP Kodi 17.1

QNAP Emby Server latest updates

Emby add-on 2.3.48

AEON MQ 7 skin

I'm trying to download the kodimonitor.py but can't seem to download. If anybody has a copy could u provide me a link. Thank you.