Krypton not reporting play status to server

Letters

Tension113

I really haven't had any problems with Emby at all..  Everything just easily worked for me, pretty much, from the beginning, until this Krypton issue came up..  Other than that, I've been very happy with it..

I'll admit I've been scanning forum updates on here and Kodi, like a hawk, hoping for an update though..  :)

djhifi

I have 3 kodi machines and 3 different profiles in my server app. I am on K as well and all is fine in here. What do you mean by playstates not being imported? Have you setted up advancedsettings.xml percentages manually? If you did, delete them.

cyberden

If you play a media from a widget on the homescreen and then open the "manage server page" from your emby server, you will see that the kodi client did not send the information that the media is beeing played. If you play the media from the "movies" or "tv" submenu, everything works as expected.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me unfortunately. I will probably go back to mysql for the time being.

djhifi

If you play a media from a widget on the homescreen and then open the "manage server page" from your emby server, you will see that the kodi client did not send the information that the media is beeing played. If you play the media from the "movies" or "tv" submenu, everything works as expected.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me unfortunately. I will probably go back to mysql for the time being.

That is because playstate reports only relate to your actual database and not files hosted elsewhere i believe. Which is what you are trying to playback. So the server has no way of tracking it down. If this is what it is happening it's not a deal breaker I think?

Bigger deal breaker has MySQL (not being able to have different watch states per user plain sucks).

Edited by djhifi

hstamas

That is because playstate reports only relate to your actual database and not files hosted elsewhere i believe. Which is what you are trying to playback. So the server has no way of tracking it down. If this is what it is happening it's not a deal breaker I think?

Bigger deal breaker has MySQL (not being able to have different watch states per user plain sucks).

Not sure what you mean by "hosted elsewhere"?

My issue, and I think everyone elses is that using a home screen widget in Krypton (17) to initial locally served media via Emby for Kodi doesn't report back to the Emby server that any media is being played. I discovered the issue the other day when I went to my Emby server web view and noticed that the 3 shows I watched the night before were not marked as watched on the server but my Kodi client (which has Emby for Kodi installed) says they are watched. This is all local content on my server hard drive. its not any kind of stream or shared content.

@@Angelblue05 seems to recognize the issue as being an Emby for Kodi issue but doesn't have the time to fix it.

Edited by hstamas

djhifi

Not sure what you mean by "hosted elsewhere"?

My issue, and I think everyone elses is that using a home screen widget in Krypton (17) to initial locally served media via Emby for Kodi doesn't report back to the Emby server that any media is being played. I discovered the issue the other day when I went to my Emby server web view and noticed that the 3 shows I watched the night before were not marked as watched on the server but my Kodi client (which has Emby for Kodi installed) says they are watched. This is all local content on my server hard drive. its not any kind of stream or shared content.

@@Angelblue05 seems to recognize the issue as being an Emby for Kodi issue but doesn't have the time to fix it.

You've answered the initial doubt in the middle of your reply to me:  "This is all local content on my server hard drive".

So it's not hosted elsewhere (i.e. Internet streaming).

Well, I also have your kind of Setup. And Im currently on LibreELEC v8.0 (kodi 17) with AEON MQ7 skin and I also use home widgets. Whenever I start playback from there my KODI server WEB UI shows me "direct playing" them. And later, it even checks them as watched on the specific user accessing them (I have 3 machines, 3 dif. users).

Are you using direct play or stream via http on the addon definitions? Also, did you choose "addon (standard)" or "native (direct)" in the paths definition?

Wierd behavior.

Maybe I am not understanding (which now I think unlikely) or simply it isn't happening with me...

Don't know if it's related or not but my definitions in the addon are:

1 - native (direct)

2 - stream via http instead of SMB --> turned off

3 - And Im using path substitution on my server.

And what you report as broken, works here.

I also have all the latest scripts by marcelveldt (one of the devs of this addon as well) updated to the latest version in order to work with my skin integration (aeon mq7)

Edited by djhifi

hstamas

Don't know if it's related or not but my definitions in the addon are:

1 - native (direct)

2 - stream via http instead of SMB --> turned off

3 - And Im using path substitution on my server.

And what you report as broken, works here.

I also have all the latest scripts by marcelveldt (one of the devs of this addon as well) updated to the latest version in order to work with my skin integration (aeon mq7)

Exact same setup as you although a different skin. I will try another skin just for the heck of it but it is happening in the default Estuary skin so I would think if it happens with native Kodi install its a problem regardless.

djhifi

Exact same setup as you although a different skin. I will try another skin just for the heck of it but it is happening in the default Estuary skin so I would think if it happens with native Kodi install its a problem regardless.

@@hstamas

Well as I said, I don't have that bug happening. For the sake of exclusion, download the custom AEON MQ7 for Krypton and try it.

Follow this link: http://www.xbmcbrasil.net/thread-3392.html  (and all the given instructions, dont leave anything without doing what is indicated as the skin is currently an adaptation of the Jarvis one).

Also don't Forget to download their repo.

That link is from the oficial AEON MQ 7 developers, trust it :)

Edited by djhifi

hstamas

>>Well as I said, I don't have that bug happening. For the sake of exclusion, download the custom AEON >>MQ7 for Krypton and try it.

Will do. I will try to install tonight and report back.

Edited by hstamas

Tension113

Aeon won't fix it..  The dev here, pretty much confirmed it's broken at the moment, until a work around is made..   Not sure why you're not getting the issue..  or could it be the LibreElec you're using? I don't know anything about it, but from what I'm reading, they've made a number of changes and refinements from the standard Kodi version....

For me it's happening on Aeon MQ7... on Windows, Android, and OSX..    Direct paths.. http off..  

and it's also happening for a friend of mine and at my parents place, with different setups..  

Since I first noticed the issue back in like October,when I first checked out the Krypton Beta.. I've tried messing around with every option there is, just to see..

Edit:

On a side note, I tried checking to see if I could get Kodi to send the play status to Trakt and then Trakt send it to Emby..  It works, but only for movies, so far..  

Edited by Tension113

CBers

TL:DR

Just played something in Kodi Krypton on my Nvidia Shield TV and playback is being reported on my Emby server.

cyberden

Did you played it from the homescreen widget?

On a side note, the "PlexForKodiAddon" (which I don't want to use but I needed to try) works fine (with plex obviously) when playing media from home screen widget.

CBers

Did you played it from the homescreen widget?

homescreen widget?

Plays from Next Episodes shortcut and everywhere else.

cyberden

For me it doesn't work from the home screen (recent movies) for exemple. I tried with a fresh kodi install on a windows PC and existing libreelec installs (rpi/amlogic box) and it didn't work.

hstamas

@@hstamas

Well as I said, I don't have that bug happening. For the sake of exclusion, download the custom AEON MQ7 for Krypton and try it.

Follow this link: http://www.xbmcbrasil.net/thread-3392.html  (and all the given instructions, dont leave anything without doing what is indicated as the skin is currently an adaptation of the Jarvis one).

Also don't Forget to download their repo.

That link is from the oficial AEON MQ 7 developers, trust it :)

Well I didnt download and use the AEON MQ7 skin @@djhifi suggested as a sign up in Portuguese was involved but I did test out a few other skins last night and for some odd reason I not cannot recreate the problem. Everything I played last night, initiated from a home screen widget was reported instantly to the Emby server. I wonder if its a particular node that is causing the issue? I do know that with a fresh install of Kodi 17 it defaults to "In Progress" for the first TV widget and I cant get anything to play what so ever from that.

There are so many ways to link a node to a home screen widget I am really starting to think its a specific one only thats causing the issue?

hstamas

homescreen widget?

Plays from Next Episodes shortcut and everywhere else.

@CBears, I believe the issue only occurs if its a true widget with playback initiated from your home screen (startup screen). Once you start drilling down into the library itself it seems to work fine for all of us.

Letters

TL:DR

Just played something in Kodi Krypton on my Nvidia Shield TV and playback is being reported on my Emby server

Any idea why this would occur on one shield and not another? 

cyberden

If I play a media from the homescreen widget, it doesn't work. If I play the same media from the inner "movie" menu everything is reported to emby. If I stop and then play it again from the home screen widget it works...

hstamas

Messed things up trying to fix an unrelated problem so I did a completely from scratch install of Kodi 17 and the most recent Emby for Kodi addon.

Right back to the server not knowing that something is playing if initiated from a homes screen widget.

I'd hate to think this is not going to be looked at anytime soon as it pretty much cripples basic Kodi/Emby functionality.

CBers

I'd hate to think this is not going to be looked at anytime soon as it pretty much cripples basic Kodi/Emby functionality.

That's an over exaggeration isn't it.

I'm not having issues playing stuff and seeing it reported in the server dashboard.

You just need to use a different way to initiate playback than what you're doing, unless you're saying that no matter what method you use, it's still not reporting?

I don't use widgets in the skin I use (Titan for Krypton). I just start playback from the Next Episode list, or navigate to what I want to play.

Tension113

The "Recently added" widgets for Movies and Episodes is what's not working... Which is what I primarily use..   I have multiple portable kodi installs for different things..  Jarvis it works fine.. Krypton it doesn't..  

Tension113

Yes.. many times..

Angelblue has already stated what the issue is in post #27 & #29...   

Emby isn't the only plugin effected by this.. Trakt is having the same issue scrobbling shows if they're played through recently added widgets..  The plugins just need to be updated because of the changes Kodi made..