Krypton not reporting play status to server

Letters

Here it is failing to report the Adventure Time episode.

16:41:44.461 T:139032224848 NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Player.OnPlay Data: {"item":{"title":"","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
16:41:44.462 T:139032224848 NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Item is invalid for playstate update
16:41:48.866 T:139032224848 NOTICE: EMBY.player -> Could not find itemId, cancelling playback report...

I haven't noticed any kind of pattern as to what will work and what won't.

From what I can see the onNotification call from the kodi monitor is missing the item ID in the item data passed into the function

{"item":{"title":"","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
item does not have id, I dont know why.

How did you start this playback?

I'm starting play back normally through the TV Show or Movie main menu. Same method that works properly on SPMC and randomly worked for the episode of JoJo's Bizzare Adventure in the log.

cyberden

I seem to have the same issue and I pinpointed it to media played from the home screen in the estuary skin. For exemple when playing the media from the "latest movies", "in progress movies" etc. lists from the home screen.

When entering the movie/tv shows menu and playing a media it works fine. Same when playing something from a remote app (yatse...). The same movie works ok from the movie submenu and fails to report status when playing from the home screen.

It seems that something is broken with the estuary skin. i did not try any other skin so I can't tell much more.

This behavior has been observed using latest libreelec beta on a rpi3.

Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by cyberden

cyberden

This is weird since I reproduced it on my windows PC just right now...my addon is version 2.3.46. I haven't modified anything. I already tried to reset the local database, reconnect to the emby server... this is weird since I'm sure it has worked before...

Edit : after looking through the logs, my problem is exactly the same as the initial poster. The culprit line appears to be:

22:02:33.592 T:14988  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Player.OnPlay Data: {"item":{"title":"","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
22:02:33.592 T:14988  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Item is invalid for playstate update
22:02:37.997 T:14988  NOTICE: EMBY.player -> Could not find itemId, cancelling playback report...
Edited by cyberden

It seems that this may be related to Estuary, I just switched to Artic Zephyr (what I use on SPMC) and it now seems to be working as expected.

I can replicate this after a db reset and even after a clean install. ReEstuarized has the same issue, I haven't tested any other skins.

EDIT: Selecting a movie to play from the main screen featured widget on Artic Zephyr doesn't work

Edited by Letters

Tension113

I've been having this problem for awhile now..  I wasn't concerned because I was using Krypton betas and figured it was to be expected since maybe the db from Jarvis to Krypton was different..

This is happening on a windows machine and also my Nvidia shield..   and it's also happening for the setup I made for my parents on a shield.. Using Aeon MQ6 and MQ7

I'll have to take notice whether or not it's from the widgets only.. but sometimes it's marked as watched and sometimes it isn't..

But I've done multiple  new installs and db resets..  I'll do more digging now that I see this isn't supposed to be happening :)

I did go back to Jarvis a few times awhile back just to see if that fixed it and it did..

Edited by Tension113

cyberden

I tried other skins to see if the widgets are reporting the play status or not and everything I tried behaved as the default skin whis is : not working.

I know you couldn't reproduce the issue but I have it on all my kodi instances. If I can do anything to pinpoint the issue please tell me!

Edit : On a Windows PC, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled. Same issue but one item is working. The others are not. I can't see anything different with the working one though....

Edit2 : If I try to play movie A from the widget, it is not transmitted to emby. Then I play it from the movie menu, it works fine. Then I play it from the widget again => it works! I don't know why but it might help.

Edited by cyberden

Tension113

I went through the logs, but I really don't know what I'm looking at..  After these guys broke it down to the Recently added widget, I checked and saw that is when it's happening..  Strange that it can't be reproduced since I have this on multiple servers and new and old Kodi installations..

Anyway, I just played an episode from the recently played widget and saw this in the log..  (Wentworth episode 1)

22:40:50.457 T:10420  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Player.OnPlay Data: {"item":{"title":"","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}
22:40:50.458 T:10420  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Item is invalid for playstate update

and playing an episode from the Tv menu I see this.. (Wentworth episode 2)

22:54:23.716 T:7576  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Player.OnPlay Data: {"item":{"id":3990,"type":"episode"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}}

Hopefully someone who understands logs better than I do has this problem so it can be figured out..  Luckily, at my parents place, they only have one Kodi installation, so they're not noticing it.. Since the episodes are marked as watched within Kodi.. But looking at their Emby remotely, I can see all the unwatched scattered around..   So I imagine people with just one Kodi install may not be noticing this just yet..

cyberden

This is great news. I hope there is something that can be done as I can't expect my wife to not click on the widget of the home screen...

Tension113

Made a post on the Kodi forums hoping it would make sense to someone over there, but it has gone unnoticed so far..   

Could it be the skin helper widget addon?  I'm not even sure exactly what that does..

I'm surprised more people aren't noticing this..  It's been driving me crazy for months.. ha...

I guess I just won't use the recently added selection for now..

having this issue too with widgets, no problems with normal library views and also the addon lazytv works fine with emby status updates. Using the titan skin but doens't really seem to be skin related.

cyberden

It's great to see other people having the issue, I thought I was the only one :)

Let's hope someone in the kodi team will be able to do something about it.

Edit : I tried the 8.1 RC that was just released and the issue remains unfortunately...

Edited by cyberden

Tension113

Heh..  I got a little excited when I saw the RC too.. but yea..  Still a no go..  

No one's replied to my Kodi forum post, so I just bumped it..  Wasn't really sure where to post it since I don't know if this is a Kodi issue.. or the widget..  or what..

Edit: Looks like someone opened a ticket for the problem last month..  I guess we wait..

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17270

Edited by Tension113

Angelblue05

Is playback initiated via home widgets? Because playback needs a major update, they changed a lot and fixed a lot of things in Krypton. In the code, some workarounds are either broken or no longer needed.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Yes. Right now, to be able to properly load the osd info, playback is currently initiated twice (first is immediately cancelled). But they added a way to assign media info based on the database entry id. I started a playback branch with some of the modifications... but ran out of time...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250936&page=2 post 21 and more...

cyberden

Good to know you are looking into the issue. The problem occurs when a media playback is initiated from the home widget (recently added for exemple).

From your posts I don't really understand if we have to wait for a fix from the Kodi side or if it is that the emby addon is incompatible with krypton and has to be updated.

Anyway thanks again!

Angelblue05

I'm not looking into this and I don't have time to work on it anytime soon.

The fix will be applied in the addon. I think the way we are currently starting playback from widgets is the cause of the issue. It works ok in kodi prior to krypton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hstamas
I'm not looking into this and I don't have time to work on it anytime soon.

The fix will be applied in the addon. I think the way we are currently starting playback from widgets is the cause of the issue. It works ok in kodi prior to krypton.

I have had the worst time getting Emby working at a usable level over the past year and now that I am almost there this pops up. Is there anyone else other than @@Angelblue05 that might be able to fix this? Sort of makes an Emby/Kodi combo sort of useless if the playstates are going to be all out of sync.

Edited by hstamas