MadVR playback problem (nnedi3)

dimitrik

dimitrik

Hi everyone,  :)

When using madvr for playback with the internal player, if I use nnedi3 for upscaling (this is generally considered the best scaling algorithm in MadVR, I always get artifacts like the ones in the attached picture.

589f4fd7838c8_Untitled.png

If I use the (slightly) inferior JINC algorithm, there are no artifacts or other glitches. I suppose I can live with it, but it kind of defeats the point of using MadVR.

This problem does not occur with external players like MPC-HC (tested on the same files).

So for now I'm using external players, but I'd like to switch to internal, since you guys have done so much work on it!

Does anyone have any advice or can the team look at this problem?

puithove

In the Video settings, you can switch the "Filter Set" to Edge to get newer versions of LAV and madVR.

I'd actually guess this is more likely to be a video driver issue.  Make sure your video driver is updated.

You can also play with some of the other settings in madVR such as "Windowed Overlay", etc. and see if any of those make any difference.

• 4 weeks later...
dimitrik

Sorry for the super-late reply! I was traveling.

I have the latest nvidia geforce drivers and always do a clean install. And my MadVR settings are set to 'edge' anyway, but I've also experienced the problem with the standard filterset.

I do agree that this might also relate to drivers, but it doesn't happen in other players, so its clearly a problem with ET.

I also have (other) problems with the built-in ET player in my HTPC which runs Win7 on a RADEON card. There I'm experiencing slow playback.

Bottom line is, that I can't really use ET's player yet and need to depend on external players on both my PCs, which is a shame.

Guest asrequested

Try lowering your MadVR settings, or experiment with different configurations. You've probably got something set that isn't playing well with the other children.

dimitrik

Well, I know that, the question is why is it only affecting Emby Theatre? I'm using MadR with MPC-HC with no problems...

Guest asrequested

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was suggesting that the settings you use may not work well with the player that theater uses but play OK with others. The only way to really find out is to experiment. Are you running edge filters?

nicko84

Hello,

MadVR play well very often with external player like MPC-HC but not with ET internal player with same settings.

Is it a question of GPU or CPU power ? Does ET need a better GPU ou CPU than MPC-HC ?

What is the problem in fact ?

Thanks for answers.

Edited by nicko84

jscoys

I've got a to long term vision question for playback system into ET for @@Luke : with playback problems with current ET internal player, is it planned to integrate MPC-HC? Is there any concerns linked to utilization of the software, like source code use or whatever? Because it could solve some problems here, like H265 playback which could be smoother on old PC and MadVR performance increase. But maybe I'm wrong and it wouldn't help at all. What do you think about it?