Problem: FireTV app does not show EPG, but emby server web gui does?!

SpecialAgent

SpecialAgent

Hi all,

I'm facing an interesting problem by using the FireTV 1.3.19a app: When I navigate to Live-TV and click on "TV prgramm" (doesn't know how it is called in english, in german it is called "TV Programmübersicht") to see an EPG, the app is just showing the circle spinner. I tried to wait about 20 minutes and then I cancelled this.

When I connect to web GUI of the same emby server, everything works fine. The EPG shows up after 3-4 seconds.

Im using NextPVR on the same machine where emby server runs and all is running in my LAN. I have attached log files. One log file is where Im using the WebGui and one log is showing a try to use FireTV emby app. My server version is 3.2.1.0 and the NextPVR plugin has version 3.0.6143.20454

Background: I have another physical machine with WIndows 7 and Windows Media Center and ServerWMC, which I used before and with this setup the FireTV app shows the EPG without any problem. The new server with NextPVR ist running Windows 10 and will replace the Windows 7 server.

Need help here.

Thank you.

Update:

I found log of NextPVR and attached an sample to this post. It does show requests for the same SID and no errors. So emby server is asking about EPG data I think.....

Log-FireTV-EPG-problem.txt

Log-WebGUI-EPG-problem.txt

Log-NextPVR-EPG-problem.txt

Edited by SpecialAgent

• 2 months later...
SpecialAgent

Unfortunately, this problem has not disappered with the new FireTV App Version from April, 12th. Im pretty helpless here.... has anyone an idea?

Edited by SpecialAgent

Hi.  Can you please follow the instruction here to send a log from the app when you produce this problem?  Thanks.

SpecialAgent

Hi ebr,

I just clicked on "Send logs" and you should get some debug log my server. My emby user is called "Server" and the time frame was 8:34 pm till 8:36 pm.

It would be nice, if I could see the logs before I sent it to somewhere I can not verity. Also I would like to inspect and remove private data before. This is an urgent feature request and not a complaint.

FireTV App version is: 1.3.35a Registered, Server version: 3.2.12.0, emby plugin version: 3.0.6143.20454

Thx

Edited by SpecialAgent

@@SpecialAgent, I notice in your log that Emby is hitting the next pvr api repeatedly for the recordings list when this is not necessary. I have resolved this for the next release of Emby Server and it's possible that this may make a difference. Thanks !

The request for the list of channels from your server timed out.  The app needs to give you a message when this happens so I'll look into that.