Ending Time on Up Next dialog

mpearon
Go to solution Solved by corey,

Hello!
I think that adding the Ending Time of the next episode on the Next Up dialog on the Apple TV would be phenomenal.  That way, at the end of your current episode, you can choose whether or not to watch another episode based on the time it will be over.  By default, my response is 'yes' - and that really ruins my mornings! :)

Too many ellipses :).

If we want to match the Android TV panel, put it in parens: "(ends at 3:23pm)"

Also, probably makes more sense right next to the running time instead of the episode title.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Sounds good! I'll get a PR in tonight. I also found a bug where the overlay doesn't automatically dismiss any longer so I'll try and fix that too.

• Like 1

• Solution

PR submitted for the new feature (still investigating a possible bug - I can't repeat in simulator).

::EDIT::

Bug found and squashed (included in PR above).

Edited by corey
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
mpearon

I'm so sorry for not responding to this sooner...I've had some massive projects eating up my time.
I noticed this on the latest App Update!  You guys are awesome! :)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hey, guys!  I'm not sure if I should resurrect this old thread or spin up a new one - but the "Next Up" dialog has been missing from the AppleTV app for a while now.  Is that something that we will end up seeing again?

vdatanet
10 minutes ago, mpearon said:

Hey, guys!  I'm not sure if I should resurrect this old thread or spin up a new one - but the "Next Up" dialog has been missing from the AppleTV app for a while now.  Is that something that we will end up seeing again?

It's only available in native client, MPV does not have this dialog.

On 12/7/2020 at 5:19 PM, mpearon said:

If you're not already please make sure you're on the latest tvOS release as well (14.2 as the time of writing).

36 minutes ago, mpearon said:

@corey - I am running Emby for TV v1.5.2 (2) en-us [beta] on tvOS 14.2 via TestFlight 3.0.0

I've been able to confirm that the Next Up dialog works for me on my setup with the native player. Can you confirm that's the player you're using?

Just now, mpearon said:

@corey - Well, I'm an idiot.  I had Settings\Playback\MPV enabled on my AppleTV.  Thank you for putting up with my nonsense. :)

No problem! We'll get the Next Up dialog in the MPV player at some point in the future!

• Like 2

That's good to hear.  I think I enabled it because I was seeing some (what I thought was) unnecessary transcoding.  I'll have to break into those containers and see what is triggering it.