Security Cameras Plug-in?

Sammy

Just wondering if one is available or in the works or if anyone has ever thought about creating one.

I'm no coder and if there isn't one I wouldn't know where to start but am willing to test and buy beer etc.

• Like 1

Can you use the IPTV plugin to link to the output of the camera?

Good question / suggestion. I will give it a whirl but I'm not sure if that Plug-in does live feed, I haven't really used it much.

Jdiesel

I had setup an Axis camera for work a few years ago and it output a http video feed that I used to feed an exernal website. The IPTV plugin should be able to handle an http feed like that but the only way to know for sure is to try it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
BAlGaInTl

This seemed like an interesting idea, so I thought I would give it a shot with an old phone I have.\

I installed IP Webcam

I got it to work, but there is a very long delay in loading, and the video is all sped up.  My guess is that IP Webcam is streaming something that Emby and the IPTV plugin don't like.

Here's the log:

SecCamLog.txt

• 2 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

The plugin ideally should have selectable configuration to display a PIP when playing other media when motion alarm is triggered in my opinion

I'm not sure a plugin is needed. Does the camera have a video url? If so, just install the IPTV plugin and plug the URL into the IPTV plugin.

Or if the security software has an RSS feed, then just install the Podcasts plugin.

gleep52

I would love to see a blue iris software plugin for Emby.  Blue Iris is a cheap video surveillance software that is way underpriced.  Not sure why it doesn't cost more considering how many features it has - I'll look at the bounty idea.

I would love to see a blue iris software plugin for Emby.  Blue Iris is a cheap video surveillance software that is way underpriced.  Not sure why it doesn't cost more considering how many features it has - I'll look at the bounty idea.

@@gleep52 please see post #14 and #15 because I would bet that you can already do it.

gleep52

There's a login required to see the URL feed unfortunately... not sure how to make that work with the IPTV plugin.

chef

They may have a way of putting the login info into the video url.

Yep. All I did was log into the browser page that had the stream, then cut and paste the URL back into iptv.

I was thinking about building a channel for my cameras.

I had just out fitted my house with them on account that some devious bastard kept breakin' into my car, and they stole my licence plates last week. $60 for new ones... Boy will try be sorry the next time they think they're getting away with it :)

gleep52

Yep. All I did was log into the browser page that had the stream, then cut and paste the URL back into iptv.

I was thinking about building a channel for my cameras.

I had just out fitted my house with them on account that some devious bastard kept breakin' into my car, and they stole my licence plates last week. $60 for new ones... Boy will try be sorry the next time they think they're getting away with it :)

You did this with Blue Iris?  When I login, the URL is the same as the login page... was this some other software other than blue iris?

PrincessClevage

I'm not sure a plugin is needed. Does the camera have a video url? If so, just install the IPTV plugin and plug the URL into the IPTV plugin.

can iptv give you a picture in picture when motion alarm is triggered while watching a movie for example? Or would you have the alert from some other means (alert to phone maybe ) then pause/stop movie/media and then select the iptv plugin and camera feed?

can iptv give you a picture in picture when motion alarm is triggered while watching a movie for example? Or would you have the alert from some other means (alert to phone maybe ) then pause/stop movie/media and then select the iptv plugin and camera feed?

No, this is just about getting the video into Emby Server so that you can at least view it.

chef

You did this with Blue Iris? When I login, the URL is the same as the login page... was this some other software other than blue iris?

No sorry not with blue iris. A Zwave http camera.