FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

The problem appears to be remuxing but it appears to me there is no reason for it to be remuxing.  It skips, it is annoying.  Works fine on Windows (because no remuxing).

Confirmed on:
​-Leelbox MXQ Pro (Amlogic S905)
-Leelbox Master (Amlogic S905X)
-NVIDIA SHIELD TV (newest version)

Server:
-Intel Xeon E3-1230V3 (4c/8t, 3.3 GHz)
-8 GiB DDR3
-10/100/1000 NIC
-RAID1 SSDs OS/transcoding temp/Emby Server install location
​-3 TB 7200 RPM HDD for recordings
​-Windows Server 2012 R2

TV Tuners:
-HDHomeRun EXTEND
-HDHomeRun EXTEND
-HDHomeRun EXTEND

Network:
​-gigabit everywhere
-the entire path is wired (server, HDHomeRuns, Android TV boxes)
-Only part that isn't gigabit is the HDHomeRun and Amlogic boxes (because 10/100 NIC standard)

Channel: Laff 9.3
​-Container: MPEG, I think. I attached 1 MiB of the stream downloaded via IE11 from the HDHomeRun EXTEND (stream_snippet.zip). There's no clear headers in here from what I can tell. Including this because it might be the cause of the problem.
-Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 704x480 (4:3) 29.97fps [V: h264 high L4.0, yuv420p, 704x480]
-Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo 192kbps [A: English [eng] (ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s)]

Software:
-Emby Server: 3.2.0.0
-Emby for Android TV: 1.3.20g

I can't remember subchannels ever not being a problem with Emby for Android TV (either because of transcoding with HDHomeRun CONNECT or remuxing HDHomeRun EXTEND).  I believe they work fine using the HDHomeRun beta app on the same devices. This applies to all of the subchannels, live TV or playing back a recording from a subchannel.

Attached logs (remux.zip) from today showing the remuxing on NVIDIA SHIELD TV.

remux.zip

stream_snippet.zip

Edited by FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

It was not, it is now. I'll update if it does it again.

Edit: It is still remuxing (remux log is growing) and I don't think it should be.

FordGT90Concept

Aren't Amlogic S905(X) and NVIDIA SHIELD TV capable of playing Dolby AC3? If not, why can't Emby for Android TV be made to remux the audio itself? It shouldn't be very intensive.

Edit: The thing is, primary channels (e.g. 9.1) are Dolby AC3 too and they do not remux on the server:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 29.97fps [V: h264 high L4.0, yuv420p, 1280x720]

Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 384kbps [A: English [eng] (ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 384 kb/s)]

That is what confounds me: the high bandwidth channels run better than the low bandwidth channels because of remuxing. Literally the only difference is primary channels are 5.1 (ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 384 kb/s) while subchannels are 2.0 (ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s). The primaries should require downmixing, not subchannels. This may explain why enabling downmixing had no effect on the fact it was remuxing on the server.

FordGT90Concept

For due diligence, here is a snippet (using same methodology) from a primary channel (9.1) to compare to the previously provided subchannel snippet (9.3). They appear to be the exact same containers. So yeah, still confounded. I hope Ebr can solve this remuxing issue once and for all! :D

primary_snippet.zip