Hi folks. I am a brand new user. I have just installed Emby a couple of hours ago and started trying to set it up. Let me tell you that I currently use Kodi and I am a computer system engineer so I understand computer technology very well.
So I installed the product, defined my primary movie folder (movies are NOT in separate folders), and the scan started. I left it alone overnight.
1. When I select the Movies folder, there are several tabs at the top. First question: Some movies don't have the poster image I want. OK, so I try to update it. I look up the movie in IMDB.com. Then I right click the movie, select "Identify", enter the title, year, and IMDB code and search. The correct poster that I want will come up. I select it, check the box to update the current image, and click save. It looks like it worked but the image never changes on the "Movies" screen.
2. Some of the movies will have a poster image that is exactly what I want. But the next time I look at the movie poster screen some of them are missing. These are ones that were there before.
3. On that same screen, if I pick the "Genres" tab there is absolutely nothing.
4. On the same screen again, if I pick the "Studios" tab, there is one entry which is obviously not a complete list since I have 400 movies in my movie folder.
5. On the "Trailers" tab I have the same issue with poster images. There are lots of entries with no poster image. I go through the same process described above in #1 and again I never can get the poster image to display correctly.
I should add that in a few cases I have gone to my movie folder, where all the metadata files are being stored, and looked at the posted image that is in the folder for the movie. It will be the correct one. That made me think I just need to rescan the library. So I pull up "Setting", then go to the "Library" selection and click "Scan Library". It seems to finish almost immediately but none of the things I wanted to change have changed.
I have no doubt that these are "newbie" issues but so far I have not been able to figure them out. Can some of you folks, with imminently more knowledge than me about this product, help me to sort out these initial setup issues so I can move on with other aspects of the product and start evaluating it? I sure would appreciate it.