Xbox app crashing to dash

xxJonoxx

TrainAss

So, I think it was an update, but now movies that were stopping playing shortly after starting, are playing now.

From the app's perspective there's nothing that would have affected that, so perhaps a system update. Either way that's encouraging.

xxJonoxx

So, I think it was an update, but now movies that were stopping playing shortly after starting, are playing now.

Are you in Alpha or Beta?

I'm running dash, 1703.170210-1900 with the latest client (not sure how to check actual version - but it updated yesterday)

And the problem persists for me.

It's also not a quick process. I re-registered I January when I replaced my Xbox one with a One S (in December) and only just got back in.

Yea it would be easier just to have another machine.

Given that you're an app "owner/developer", I would like to hope that you can get into the program quicker.

As you're not in the preview program Luke, you might not have access to the dedicated forums. If that's the case, there are some contacts from MS that are active over on Reddit that might be able to help.

Edited by xxJonoxx

TrainAss

Are you in Alpha or Beta?

I'm running dash, 1703.170210-1900 with the latest client (not sure how to check actual version - but it updated yesterday)

And the problem persists for me.

I'm on the same build as you right now. (I can't help but think of Star Trek when I see build 1703).

@@Luke If you do post on r/XboxOne, send me a PM first (same username). I'm one of the mods there, and can keep an eye on your thread and make sure it doesn't get nuked.

The one change that I have made since I first mentioned this, is that my Docker container of Emby has gone from having the ports defined to using --net=host (so I could use DLNA), I don't think it really made a difference, just an observation.

Right now my kids are watching Adams Family Values, for the first 29min the film played OK and then it started stuttering. Wouly play for a second, then pause then play, then pause. My thought now is that it's either a buffer or something with the network stack on the Xbox One with the latest preview. The film is 720p, h264 encoding with 2.0ch AAC audio and no subtitles.

With other people reporting issues with the wireless not working, I really think it's related to the Xbox One's network adapters.

Edited by TrainAss