Clearing Emby cached images from Kodi

Spotta

Hi

I tried the Emby Kodi plugin today on my orig RPi and quickly came to the conclusion that it is not quick enough for my use (the Pi that is)

I've removed all the emby add-ons but it still gives me a list of all my recent movies/TV eps on the main screen, if I try to play one it tells me that I must download the emby add-on. How can I remove these cached images/references? 

im85288

You'll need to reset your database, easiest way is to delete the videos.db (it will be some number like video108 or something) in userdata/databases which will force it to be recreated or try a reset database under videos/library/settings (something like that)

Yeah I would not advise using a RPi for this addon, it just does not have the power to give an overall good experience. The Tinker Board from Asus should be a lot better though (http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/1/24/14368622/raspberry-pi-alternative-tinker-board-asus-4k)

im85288

Let me back track and state I have never used a pi for Kodi (and never will) so my advise was based on reading others complain about the performance of it. Each to their own but for me as I love my media I invest in the best hardware I can to run it. @ does have pi's so is better qualified to talk about the performance with this addon.

You'll need to reset your database, easiest way is to delete the videos.db (it will be some number like video108 or something) in userdata/databases which will force it to be recreated or try a reset database under videos/library/settings (something like that)

Found it in the Kodi file manager, How do I delete it?

Disagree, I have it on 3 pis 2 pi2 and 1 pi3, all work great, I use the default skin with Native path playback. Once it's sync it is just Native Kodi and if that is not fast enough then it is not the add-ons fault.

Edit, just saw you referenced the original pi1 yes that is slow however my point still stands, once synced it is not the addon that causes you issues in performance, it is Kodi and what are saying then is Kodi is to slow on this system.

I've just installed on my Pi2b, which is much better. I'm not looking for perfect performance, but I also don't want to wait 10 seconds for every button press.

Also, I have been running Kodi on my Pi1 for quite a while, It was only the Emby plugin that seemed to make it show its age.