Emby Server - EPG time shift

Jdiesel

Jdiesel

Would be nice to have the ability to shift the Live TV Guide forward and back a set number of hours for those who have guide providers that do not sync up with the current time.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
lazyboy0172

Is this truly not an option? I've searched all over today to shift my EPG an hour for Daylight Savings Time and could not find the option anywhere. A few Google searches later brought me here, but I find it hard to believe there is no ability to fix guide data during DST. "ABC News at 5" is clearly not on at 4:00 pm. Please allow me to move the guide data by an hour during DST.

It is a possibility for the future. Have you considered reporting it to the guide data provider as well?

BAlGaInTl

It is a possibility for the future. Have you considered reporting it to the guide data provider as well?

I would think the same thing.  I've never really thought about it because mine has always been right.  LOL

how are times determined?  Are they hardcoded or do guide providers take your server time in to account?

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

I'm an not sure about that.

Could be a first place to check.  Maybe the server time didn't update with DST.

BAlGaInTl

Would be nice to have the ability to shift the Live TV Guide forward and back a set number of hours for those who have guide providers that do not sync up with the current time.

Is this truly not an option? I've searched all over today to shift my EPG an hour for Daylight Savings Time and could not find the option anywhere. A few Google searches later brought me here, but I find it hard to believe there is no ability to fix guide data during DST. "ABC News at 5" is clearly not on at 4:00 pm. Please allow me to move the guide data by an hour during DST.

What guide providers are you using?  Just curious.

• 1 year later...
AgileHumor

So @@ebr wanted a 1 year thread reserected (most forums frown on that), and locked my last forum post. So here it is posted to the end of a thread that had no resolution :(

Hello @@Luke, I use the legal paid IPTV provider at USTVNow. While it doesn't have a native M3U/XMLTV, I have a small python server that creates a M3U and XMLTV using this code: https://github.com/c...vnow-m3u-server

My issue is the guide data shown in Emby is 3 hours behind for my timezone (it's in guide is EST, I'm in PST). Could you, in the roadmap to media nirvana, provide a time offset (in hours, +/-) for the XML TV provider?

PS - You can create a free account, but it will be limited to basic cable (NBC, etc). Happy to share my credentials with you to test all the channels.

PSS - Where is the donation site for emby features? I'd really love USTVNow to become a maintained plugin (and skip the Python server).

Hi.  This is a feature request so it is okay that it is old and won't have a resolution until it is implemented.

It is best to not duplicate feature requests because then it is impossible for us to properly track response.

Thanks.

If you would like to explain the issues that you're having we are happy to look into them and help you resolve them, thanks.

SkyBehind

Whatever @@ebr! You guys should put some comments when closing/moving posts....or have some formal rules. Otherwise, it's causing me and you more work to figure out the change.

The Emby team has never implemented basic roadmaps, bugs, etc...you should really look at the web apps. Just convincing you folks of bugs takes FOREVER. Posting entire log files on public site is the worst thing you could ever do for your users.

Love the product, hate the interface for support/bugs/feature requests. This is from someone whom has donated $500 to Emby telling you your Forum and support sucks. Just one person's opinion based on my most recent experience...but don't worry, I won't be back till next year when I forget what a waste of time posting on this board is.

Wow dude, chill the F

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...
sydlexius
1 hour ago, Tony B. said:

I'll Second a request for this.

You'll want to vote for this by promoting the first comment (like, thanks, or agree).

Tony B.
58 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

You'll want to vote for this by promoting the first comment (like, thanks, or agree).

Thank you