Blu Ray Isos

patm95

Hi all.  I have emby for kodi streaming movies and videos from my Unraid server.  I really like the program however I've noticed that I can no longer stream blu ray isos.  I think it is a result of using Emby as it was working fine before.  Is this a known limitation of Emby?

As long as you give Kodi direct access to the ISO file it should be fine. When you configure your Emby library make sure to supply the optional network paths, and make sure the paths are something that the kodi boxes can reach.

As long as you give Kodi direct access to the ISO file it should be fine. When you configure your Emby library make sure to supply the optional network paths, and make sure the paths are something that the kodi boxes can reach.

Ok.  I guess I am not understanding.  I can give kodi direct access to the Iso files out side of Emby.  Then it works (or course).  But I don't see how I can get Emby to manage the library of Isos and get Kodi to play them. 

Well if I have Emby manage the Isos, I get an "item failed to play" message.  If I manually put the path in kodi to the Iso, then I will have two copies  of the iso in Kodi.  The one whose path I have manually put into Kodi works fine, the other gets the "item failed to play" message.  I could just use the 1 manual path and remove the blu ray iso from Emby, but I thought that would defeat the purpose? 

Hi @@patm95, this should work. I think you need to configure native playback mode in the Emby for Kodi add-on. @ does that sound correct for iso playback?

• Like 1