Library files no longer available

benbour

benbour

I decided to put this topic here because it only impacts my Kodi boxes. This occurred immediately following Emby Server update to 3.2.0.0

Both Kodi boxes, upon start-up, say something while syncing about "cannot file whateverfilename, would you like to stop syncing". I've seen this before and can usually troubleshoot my way to the cause.

What I've checked so far:

Emby can play the media - no issues here (NFS shares btw)

Roku stick can play media - no issues here, and I've verified it is direct playing at dashboard.

Kodi can access NFS shares via file manager - I can get to the NFS shares and play media from them.

Nothing else here has changed, both Kodi boxes run stable current openELEC and stable current Emby version. I thought perhaps that the old path substitution had been lost with the update, but I still see direct play from Roku. Then I thought maybe my network credentials had been lost, but I can access the NFS shares fine manually with kodi.

Just thought I'd put this out there in case it is an issue for anyone else and they figure it out before I do.

Thanks

I just had the same issue and found the cause.

It seems they changed where you input path substitution and in doing so it deleted the ones we had already setup. This didnt affect your current videos just new ones added since the update.

You need to go into  your emby admin panel, libraries then for each library under folders enter the network shared path substitution that is accessible by your kodi devices. Then I ran a database reset, it might work with repair database but I wasnt sure so I just reset it.

Hope this helps

Edited by ecks669
  • Like 1

benbour

I just had the same issue and found the cause.

It seems they changed where you input path substitution and in doing so it deleted the ones we had already setup. This didnt affect your current videos just new ones added since the update.

You need to go into  your emby admin panel, libraries then for each library under folders enter the network shared path substitution that is accessible by your kodi devices. Then I ran a database reset, it might work with repair database but I wasnt sure so I just reset it.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. I had read this somewhere else, and I see where to input the "(optional) shared network folder" as it's called now. I thought though, that path substitution settings from previous versions would be grandfathered in and backwards compatible. I will add it in though, and report back.

jkasanic

This has been driving me nuts for two days! The strange thing for me though is I have one instance of SPMC working fine and a new instance of Kodi v17 that exhibits this problem. If the issue is as described then why is one working and the other not? Trying to sort thru my log files now...

@@benbour, yes we were a little too hasty in deprecating the older method of path substitution. we are going to restore it so that other users who haven't yet updated to 3.2 will not be affected. What you will need to do is go into Emby library setup, then click on a library, then click on a folder. From there you can edit the corresponding network path for that particular folder. Apologies for the disruption.

jkasanic

@@benbour, yes we were a little too hasty in deprecating the older method of path substitution. we are going to restore it so that other users who haven't yet updated to 3.2 will not be affected. What you will need to do is go into Emby library setup, then click on a library, then click on a folder. From there you can edit the corresponding network path for that particular folder. Apologies for the disruption.

So I added the paths in each library and now instead of getting this error immediately, it takes a min or so and returns the error. I'll post a log when I get home. The curious part is that I can direct play my files with or without path substitution in SPMC but not Kodi v17. Both app instances are on the same Amazon Fire TV 2 with similar settings for Emby Addon.

Edit: Log file attached

server-63622261927.txt

Edited by jkasanic

jkasanic

Just to confirm I've completed the path substitution correctly, here's how I have it entered:

Server IP: 192.168.1.71

Server ID: tower

\\tower\Media is the default path to my files and mapped as /mnt in my Emby Docker for UnRAID

Movies Library

/mnt/Movies

\\tower\Media\Movies

TV Library

/mnt/TV

\\tower\Media\TV

As I was typing this I thought about trying the server IP instead tower.  All suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

jkasanic

Well done. Thanks for reporting back !

Sorry Luke, perhaps I wasn't clear. I'm still having the issue and one idea I thought of to try is replacing tower with my server IP address. I haven't actually tried this yet though. In the meantime, if my log file reveals anything else would be great. I noticed some "playto device" errors but not sure what's causing them.

francovilar

Same problem. Added (again) Path substitution and still have errors. Using server IP in Path substitution.

Edit: using direct paths. No acess to logs ATM.

Edited by francovilar

@@francovilar, yes we were a little too hasty in deprecating the older method of path substitution. we are going to restore it so that other users who haven't yet updated to 3.2 will not be affected. What you will need to do is go into Emby library setup, then click on a library, then click on a folder. From there you can edit the corresponding network path for that particular folder. Apologies for the disruption.

francovilar

@@Luke. I already did that and did a library refresh server side, then i reset Kodi library but there are errors (file not found). The errors are on other TV shows, some work. Using Android if that helps.

@@Luke. I already did that and did a library refresh server side, then i reset Kodi library but there are errors (file not found). The errors are on other TV shows, some work. Using Android if that helps.

Ok, the best thing to do is please provide the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

Festivus Oz

Thanks to all here. I had this issue and after many hours found this thread.

I entered path substitutions in the (Optional) Shared Network Folder under Library | Manage folders under the format smb://[iP address]/[share folder name] for UNRAID.

Note it is not required to rest database.

It also worked changing the Kodi add-on setting under Video Playback to "Play from http instead of smb"

Glad this is all over.

A hiny to the developers. It should be easier to find a solution to this issue than randomly scouring the forums to find this. A bit of a stain on otherwise the greatest experience in this software.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk