Where did the next and previous episode buttons go?

sscheib

sscheib

Hello,

the topic says it all basically.

I cannot understand how this could be even considered to be replaced by a "switch a bit forward/back"-button.

Is there some setting I dont see or have you guys really replaced that button?

sscheib

Hello,

yes I am talking about the video player itself. In my opinion it makes absolutly not much sense to replace the "next" and "previous" episode with chapter buttons. For movies it would make sense if one would like to skip the first few chapters, but there again, if you already started the movie you are able to resume it from the exact position where you left.

@@Luke

Is there any chance to get those buttons back or add additional buttons to skip the current episode or go an episode back? For remote controlled devices (such es kodi with the emby plugin) there are still the old buttons.

I mean I need to press several times on the button to skip one episode .. this is just freaking annoying

Edited by sscheib

• 2 weeks later...

This, along with the obscuring of Emby URLs to prevent specific pages/sections from being linked are the two biggest changes that negatively affect Emby's functionality. There is literally no benefit from either change, only a major loss for users who used these two functions (and they were both super awesome!). 

• 2 weeks later...
sscheib

Hello,

no seriously. I like .. no i love emby .. really, but these buttons to jump across scenes are literally useless. Even the buttons are chosen wrong if you closely look at the buttons. They have a dash at the end which clearly indicates, "jump to the end" or" go to the next track/episode/whatever".

I'm willing to admit that those buttons can be used to jump across scenes while watching movies, but for sure not for everything else.

To prove my statement I simply did a google search for "media player interfaces" and what you see is:

media_player_interface_by_slayerd1-d4p4o

Mini-Music-Player-Liquorice-UI-Kit.jpg

vlc-interfaccia-02.jpg

clean-media-player-ui-design.jpg

w170.jpg

Everywhere those buttons are used to jump to the next track/video/whatever.

.. and if that's not enough, I made a screenshot from the current "remote media control interface", where the exact same buttons are used to jump between songs/videos/etc and not to jump across scenes.

3e4b5bef17.png

So please @@Luke .. I beg you! Revert the function of these buttons to work as they were working before, please!

Where are you saying they need to be reverted? We're mixing different topics in this thread and it's getting hard to follow. Thanks.

sscheib

What are you not understanding @@Luke ?

You changed the go forward/go backwards buttons to chapter buttons and obviously I'm not the only one which does not agree with that change, as its useless in my opinion.

In the post before i elaborated why exactly.

Latchmor

Yes.

Did ET skip episodes with those buttons? I can't remember that at all... Unless folder rips did it?

Edit: Ah, web app. Ignore me  ;)

Edited by Latchmor

Koleckai Silvestri

have you noticed the "more from season X" section? 

Not as convenient as just being able to click on the Next and Previous arrows that used to be mid-screen. This goes back to the clicking issue. The "More from this Season" creates additional work on the part of the user to use the system. If you're using a remote, that equates to more clicks.

• Like 2

bfir3

Not as convenient as just being able to click on the Next and Previous arrows that used to be mid-screen. This goes back to the clicking issue. The "More from this Season" creates additional work on the part of the user to use the system. If you're using a remote, that equates to more clicks.

Yes the removal of the navigation arrows for Previous/Next replaced with the "More from this Season" is just so painful. The functionality isn't great, and it just doesn't look good. Why the hell would anyone want every episode page to list every episode from the rest of the season with their images in a horizontal scroll box? Isn't the Season page used to show the list of episodes? 

• 1 month later...
sscheib

Sorry to bring up that old topic again, but this annoys me every day ... will this be forever like it is now?!