How to uninstall on Mac

rodwed

I just recently installed the latest version of Emby for the mac(3.1.5.0).  I am having some problems and would like to do a complete uninstall.  I can't seem to find the best way to do this.

Thanks for any help.

Rod

• 3 weeks later...
mikefitz

"mac Applications menu"? Do you mean the Applications folder in the Finder? Does that mean that just dragging it into the trash completely removes all files/settings, or are there other places one has to go to clean up afterwards?

hstamas

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/16403-q-complete-uninstall/

Although I found that trying to go directly into the hidden "config" folder didnt work so I had to tell my mac to show hidden files and then I was able to find and delete the Emby config folder.

http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/quickly-showhide-hidden-files-mac-os-x-mavericks/

Edited by hstamas

"mac Applications menu"? Do you mean the Applications folder in the Finder? Does that mean that just dragging it into the trash completely removes all files/settings, or are there other places one has to go to clean up afterwards?

HI @@mikefitz, yes that is the process although it will probably leave folders behind after doing that.

• 6 years later...
paul_roberts1

Accidentally installed Emby server instead of creating an account for Emby Connect. Now I have the server on my mac and it's not responding. Not listed in applications menu and I can't figure out how to delete. It's sucking the CPU like 64% constantly. Anyone have any suggestions?

hstamas

Is this an Apple silicone Mac? You wont have an Emby icon in your task bar if it is.

Just open Activity Monitor and search for Emby and quit the server.

Then just use this thread to uninstall it. I found it easier just try show hidden files to get to the config folder though.

CMD - SHIFT - PERIOD

Is this an Apple silicone Mac? You wont have an Emby icon in your task bar if it is.

We are working on adding this though.