Emby time incorrect

dreamwc

I setup what should equal eastern standard time on emby during setup. However, the time displayed on the server is about 4 hours earlier than it should be. Where in the hell do I change the time to correct it. It would be nice if when it shows me the movie would be over at 5pm it is showing the correct time. HELP!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Works fine on my Window OS "PST".

58a23dd1b5749_time.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

well it is definitely not the same as my machine clock, so I don't see how that is so. Any ideas?

Did you manually set your clock?  What OS?  What time zone is the machine set to?

Rumbaar

I've got this issue too, it's 1 hour out for me.   So it's 9:00am, but logs as 8:00am.  Is there also a way to correct the dates, as it displays as MM/DD/YYYY, but should be DD/MM/YYYY.

Australian based system and setup.

The OSD for end time and such works fine.  Just logging and date display are out for me.

Edited by Rumbaar

• 11 months later...
lwagstaff

Any progress with this issue, in my case the time shown when the movie is running on the TV is a hour behind the server time, yes I

checked the server time and it is correct.

Any progress with this issue, in my case the time shown when the movie is running on the TV is a hour behind the server time, yes I

checked the server time and it is correct.

Hi there, what Emby app are you seeing this with? thanks.

lwagstaff

Reply good question, when I select Emby form the menu tabs on my LG smart TV I get the loading circle and a time display

at the top right corner of the screen out by an hour, when I go to the select server screen same thing, also when playing a movie

on the TV if you access the pause/forward/ reverse time bar display etc, the clock in the top right hand corner is out by an hour.

Hope this helps? 

PS we have daylight saving here, server is showing the correct time though.

Edited by lwagstaff

lwagstaff

Time zone onTV is correct, I checked that first as I thought Emby might use the TV's time, the TV also displays the correct time when you exit

the Emby interface.

Edited by lwagstaff

Hmm, that is strange. We are actually using LG api's to get the time to display. 

What model LG do you have? 

lwagstaff

Bummer, I use the time when watching a movie to keep track of what things I need to do, saves changing rooms to read a clock.

Leave it as it is and I'll add a hour to the display:)

Can you please try this?  In the TV settings, go into Clock settings and change the timezone from auto to manual.  It will probably default to the timezone that matches your selected location.  You must change it to another timezone and save this setting.  Then change the manual time zone to your correct offset ie: '+10'.  Save it again.

You will need to completely close and reopen Emby to confirm this has resolved it.

Please let me know if this doesn't work or does not make sense (as I'm going on memory for now).

This appears to be a bug in the LG library that is not applying the Daylight Savings Time offset correctly, but it applies correctly with his method.

lwagstaff

I'm not sure how you close Emby on the TV, I did try earlier on today changing the time to see if it changed Emby but it had not affect.

I changed the time to manual, then plus two hours. I then turned off the TV and turned it back on, I went into Emby and it still showed the same time.

lwagstaff

Ok, I changed the time manually, went to Emby clicked the little man icon and clicked exit. I then went back to Emby and the time is still the same.

Try setting it to plus 4 hours, save it, then set it back to plus two hours and save it again.  This is important.

To exit the app, you do it like this.

While in the app, press the home button to bring up the LG app bar.  At the top left of the screen, you should see the Emby banner title.  Using the magic remote/mouse arrow, position it over the text and an 'x' should appear.  Click the 'x' to close the app.

• Like 1

lwagstaff

Not exactly sure what you meant so tried setting time to plus 4, then back to plus 2, made no difference in Emby, I then tried setting

plus 4 from my areas time zone and back two but that makes no difference either, doesn't seem to matter what the TV clocks time

is, the time in Emby does not change.

Not exactly sure what you meant so tried setting time to plus 4, then back to plus 2, made no difference in Emby, I then tried setting

plus 4 from my areas time zone and back two but that makes no difference either, doesn't seem to matter what the TV clocks time

is, the time in Emby does not change.

You have done this right, but I did make one mistake, my apologies.

If your normal time zone is +2, then you must set this to +3 for daylight savings time being active, and back to +2 when daylight savings time ends.  

Turning the TV off, then on again after making this change should ensure the app restarts.  After this, I hope the TV and app time matches and is correct.

CBers

We used to have a similar issue with the time being displayed incorrectly in @@cmcg's Emby for Samsung Smart TV app.

Eventually, @@cmcg added an offset option within the app to fix it.

lwagstaff

I see what your trying to achieve, setting the system time an hour forward to bring the Emby time time forward

but it does not work, if I try this the tv time goes forward an hour and the Emby time remains the same so you

now have a two hour time difference. I have tried shutting down the app, and turning off the tv but still Emby

retains the same time so I don't know where it is getting it from unless it is using one of the tv channels

to derive local time?