Updated Kodi to Krypton now nothing works

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

I was running Kodi Isengard v15.2 on my Windows 10 PC. I just updated to the final version 17 of Kodi and I was then unable to play anything from my Kodi library. 

So in the Emby add-on settings I reset the local database. However after restarting Kodi it does not then begin the sync. 

So I then tried to repair local database and also perform a manual sync from the Emby add-on settings but that doesn't work either and no sync starts. All my Emby add-on settings appear to still be intact pointing it to the Emby server etc. 

I also see this when selecting those repair options in the settings. It asks a question about the server but then shows no server.

589715c99c8e4_EmbyKrypton.png

Thanks

eddedrukker

maybe downgrade emby for kodi addon to version 2.3.38 (stable) or beta 2.3.44 ,it looks the same problem asmine  today.

Edited by eddedrukker

cw-kid

maybe downgrade emby for kodi addon to version 2.3.38 (stable) or beta 2.3.44 ,it looks the same problem asmine  today.

Hi

The Emby add-on for Kodi is currently version 2.3.45

The Emby Windows Server is currently version 3.1.294.0 beta

Thanks

cw-kid

Actually I just updated to Emby Server 3.1.294.0 beta just now and there was also a Kodi Sync plugin update. 

I then opened Kodi again and did a local DB reset again and after Kodi opens again the initial sync is still not started. 

cw-kid

How do you downgrade to beta 2.3.44 ? I cannot see it on Github to download etc

Thanks

EDIT:

These look to be the stable versions here on Github

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I just refreshed the Emby beta repo in Kodi and now it offered a newer version of the Emby add-on for Kodi version 2.3.46. 

I installed this and now it says its gathering movies so looks like a sync has kicked in. 

EDIT:

How the heck do you see add-on change logs in Krypton LOL. Can't seem to find it for the Emby add-on. Totally lost in this new Kodi user interface.

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Where did the pinned beta thread go to? The one where the dev's were adding posts about each beta release and what was new / changed? 

im85288

Where did the pinned beta thread go to? The one where the dev's were adding posts about each beta release and what was new / changed?

It's been cleaned up and it's now down to the developer if he/she chooses to update that or not (internal discussion).

As for the problems your having, all I can say is I and many others have been using krypton for months without issues. Make sure your database is clean (not one that was upgraded from Isengaard to Krypton). If you still have issues post a log

CBers

It's been cleaned up and it's now down to the developer if he/she chooses to update that or not (internal discussion).

A poor decision.

The release notes should always be updated, otherwise you'll never get people to use/test it if they don't know what's changed.

im85288

A poor decision.

The release notes should always be updated, otherwise you'll never get people to use/test it if they don't know what's changed.

If there is anything significant to test we will make people aware, as mentioned this is an internal discussion and only refers to the beta pinned thread not the release notes included with the addon.

cw-kid

If seems like a lot of the add-ons in Kodi Krypton now don't have an option to show change log notes Emby included. 

cw-kid

Hi

I reset the local DB in Kodi and now I have my media showing in Kodi v17 with the default skin. 

When I go in to any of the music library areas its now asking me the following:

"Library Update: Music library needs to rescan tags from files, would you like to scan now YES / NO" 

Is this a native Kodi thing asking to rescan the tags or an Emby add-on thing? 

I dare not say Yes LOL.

Also something odd with movie poster and logo images on the info overlay during playback.

When I start playing a movie from the Estuary home menu from the "In Progress Movies" section / widget. Then when pressing info during playback the cover image is missing along with the logo image.

58979f589b097_movie1.png

However if I go in to the Movie library proper and start playback of the same movie from there, then when I press info the cover and logo images are displayed OK. 

Also the strap line "Earth will fall" appears to be missing in the first screen shot. Also just noticed there is no Cast option either. 

58979fa4e5700_movie2.png

When I reset the DB I did not select the option to clear the artwork cache perhaps I should have done. 

I quite like the new default skin but already wondering if I should try the Estuary Mod skin to get more features. 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Also any idea what this is meant to be showing / doing ? 

5897a20cbba09_music.png

If I go in to Artists in the music library and press info on one I get a screen like the above. 

The highlighted section seems to be showing individual tracks off multiple albums by that artist, they all have a 0 next to them and they do not show the track names. 

Seems to me there should be one entry displayed per each of the artists albums and not multiple entries like it is doing. 

If I click on one of them it then takes me to the album info page

5897a2be37672_music2.png

Thanks

im85288

I quite like the new default skin but already wondering if I should try the Estuary Mod skin to get more features. 

As far as I'm aware that mod is based on v1 of Estuary (i.e. Pre material design changes), ReEstuarized (see signature or install from beta repo) is based on v2 and as it's mine it's far better! Seriously though, install them all and choose your preference

cw-kid

As far as I'm aware that mod is based on v1 of Estuary (i.e. Pre material design changes), ReEstuarized (see signature or install from beta repo) is based on v2 and as it's mine it's far better! Seriously though, install them all and choose your preference

Ok I'm sold will try your skin instead.

Thanks.

hoppel118

Hi

I reset the local DB in Kodi and now I have my media showing in Kodi v17 with the default skin.

When I go in to any of the music library areas its now asking me the following:

"Library Update: Music library needs to rescan tags from files, would you like to scan now YES / NO"

Is this a native Kodi thing asking to rescan the tags or an Emby add-on thing?

I dare not say Yes LOL.

Also something odd with movie poster and logo images on the info overlay during playback.

When I start playing a movie from the Estuary home menu from the "In Progress Movies" section / widget. Then when pressing info during playback the cover image is missing along with the logo image.

58979f589b097_movie1.png

However if I go in to the Movie library proper and start playback of the same movie from there, then when I press info the cover and logo images are displayed OK.

Also the strap line "Earth will fall" appears to be missing in the first screen shot. Also just noticed there is no Cast option either.

58979fa4e5700_movie2.png

When I reset the DB I did not select the option to clear the artwork cache perhaps I should have done.

Thanks

I recognized the same problem of missing artworks with default estuary and emby.

• 4 weeks later...
hstamas

I am starting to disc

I recognized the same problem of missing artworks with default estuary and emby.

Me as well. I am starting to beleive that widgets in 17 are a complete mess.