"Short Overview" section missing in Metadata Manager

MarcusJ

MarcusJ

Hello everyone.

I'm running the latest Emby Server (3.1.5.0) on a Windows 10 tower, and everything has been working great for a long time, but I am now seeing a familiar issue with the Metadata Manager. The "Short Overview" section is gone. I can add, delete, or edit the "Overview" section just fine, but there is no "Short Overview" section at all. I have a screen shot attached, FYI.

I tried to "edit info" on several movies through the library, but the same issue was there as well.

I've re-scanned the library, cleaned the db, restarted the server, even re-booted the computer, but the section remains AWOL.

I have seen this before after a new release, but it usually goes away after the next patch release.

Any thoughts?

post-124799-0-51563700-1486248246_thumb.jpg

Emby does not make any use of this information, therefore it's being removed from the editor.  In the future if we start using it, then it can return. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
jimbobjones

kodi uses it, so removing it from emby will reduce user functionality of kodi and emby-for-kodi.

^ This.  Kodi now gets long descriptions (AND SPOILERS) of films instead of plot outlines.. 

So for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4276820 instead of getting ' The story of Ray Kroc, a salesman who turned two brothers' innovative fast food eatery, McDonald's, into one of the biggest restaurant businesses in the world with a combination of ambition, persistence, and ruthlessness.

We get:

'1954. Having worked as a salesman most of his adult life, Ray Kroc has been a hustler in most senses of the word. That hustling has made him the target of derision among certain circles for peddling what have ended up being more novelty or faddish than useful products, but it has also placed more than a comfortable roof in Arlington Heights, Illinois over his and his wife Ethel's heads. Ethel, however, wishes that he placed as much effort into being at home with her than he is in selling, his current job of peddling five-spindle milkshake makers for Prince Castle which has him constantly on the road going from one drive-in restaurant to another. It is because of the beefs he has with the whole drive-in experience (bad food, bad service) in constantly eating at such establishments while on the road that he becomes enthralled with the concept of McDonald's Restaurant in San Bernardino, California, it owned and operated by brothers Richard McDonald and Maurice McDonald - Dick and Mac'

Please bring back Short Overview!

Edited by jimbobjones

jimbobjones

And for Atonement http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233 instead of ' Fledgling writer Briony Tallis, as a thirteen-year-old, irrevocably changes the course of several lives when she accuses her older sister's lover of a crime he did not commit.'  it says

'SPOILER: When Briony Tallis, 13 years old and an aspiring writer, sees her older sister Cecilia and Robbie Turner at the fountain in front of the family estate she misinterprets what is happening thus setting into motion a series of misunderstandings and a childish pique that will have lasting repercussions for all of them. Robbie is the son of a family servant toward whom the family has always been kind. They paid for his time at Cambridge and now he plans on going to medical school. After the fountain incident, Briony reads a letter intended for Cecilia and concludes that Robbie is a deviant. When her cousin Lola is raped, she tells the police that it was Robbie she saw committing the deed.'