How to sort channels? Can not believe that it is so hard...

SpecialAgent
Go to solution Solved by jordy,

SpecialAgent

Hi,

as I read before, emby plugin for NextPVR can not use the groups in NextPVR server, so it shows me "All channels", which are quite a lot (>1000). I can rearrange this channels from within NextPVR settings, but then I have to move each channel step by step to the beginning by pressing the + button (which takes 0.5 seconds for each step). This means, for a channel on position 1000, I have to click 1000x the plus button, which takes 500 seconds at least. I have 20 channels to move, so this would be a hard working weekend for me ;-)

Ok, I can not believe that there is no good way to do this... I really need help here.

Thank you

post-180246-0-76293000-1486239771_thumb.png

For the moment that's not possible in Emby itself ( to get groups of channels ...)

For the question about your channel changes. I need to check at home. Or you can ask the people from NextPVR. :)

• Solution

Hey @@SpecialAgent, are you aware that you can change the Channel# in the NPVR Channels tab? (the one in your screenshot). Just double click on the channel or use the Details button. Depending on where the channel numbering starts you could put your favorite channels at the top of the list by re-numbering them. I haven't tried it myself - not having any need to. You can also delete the channels you don't want in NPVR - I can't believe that you want or need all 1000+ channels ;).

Might be worth a try :)

• Like 1

SpecialAgent

Hi @@jordy, hi @@Sven,

thank you for the answer. Yes, one of the NextPVR users answered my channel ordering question as well on their forum (see here). Now it is working and the channels are displayed correct.

Hint: Disable sorting function "Show favourites first", because some random channels will be mixed within the channels you actully want to display. So in my attached screenshot, the channels 18, 33, 124, 128, 996 are not marked as favourites but are displayed as one of the first ones. DIsabling this sorting features solved this issue.

Thank you.

post-180246-0-53286700-1486668069_thumb.png

• Like 1

SpecialAgent

For the moment that's not possible in Emby itself ( to get groups of channels ...)

Are there any plans to implement this? If not, it would be great to add a wiki page to user NextPVR and to describe the solution to my channel ordering problem.

• 1 year later...
PaulWhitaker

Go to Metadata Manager/LiveTV, then click on a channel and edit the "Sort Title" field. I did mine 1 thru 100 for all channels, with channel 1 having a "Sort Title" of 1 and 100 having "Sort Title" of 100. Now the guide will display everything in the order, channels 1-100

• Like 1