emby stopped gathering thumnails and info

hjason7812

hjason7812

Hello my server was working just fine and then it stopped getting information and adding thumnails to the videos..

What is going on?! and please fix it

hjason7812

nothing else to say its not getting the information or pictures for the videos anymore since i update to the new version.3.1.5 or something like that

if you click on the library in question in Emby library setup, are the various  metadata settings set the way you want them? thanks.

Happy2Play

What about your per Library setting? Dashboard-Library-select each library

imadunatic

Well I'll bite, it appears the last time mine created a thumbnail or an NFO was January 27. I thought it was just me, but it's starting to cause some weird issues with sync on my kodi installs (syncs the content fine, but then says it can't find it when attempting to play. 

Should I start a new post or join in here? It's the exact same issue. Permissions are fine, I can't seem to locate the path substitution stuff anymore (did it move?). 

imadunatic

Digging into the logs, these errors repeat over and over and over for multiple providers, this just happened to be thetvdb, but I see the errors for omdb, open movie database, basically all scrapers are failing at every library sync. 

I can send full logs, but I'd rather not post them here unless you tell me they're sterile. 

Emby Error.txt

Happy2Play

Without a full log no one can tell what information you are trying to get from TVDB and OMDB is having issues as stated on their homepage.

Your log snippet posted basically says can't get info without seriesid.

I can't seem to locate the path substitution stuff anymore (did it move?). 

This was relocate to each library along with some settings.  Dashboard-Library select a library to see option and select already linked folder to see optional network path.

Edited by Happy2Play

imadunatic

Without a full log no one can tell what information you are trying to get from TVDB and OMDB is having issues as stated on their homepage.

Your log snippet posted basically says can't get info without seriesid.

This was relocate to each library along with some settings.  Dashboard-Library select a library to see option and select already linked folder to see optional network path.

Are the logs safe to post in full? 

imadunatic

So I need to select each folder in each library and enter a path substitution? The only place I'm seeing the option is after I select a library, then select a folder in that library, then I get this:

589920944503f_Capture.jpg

Happy2Play

You could sanitize personal info or PM them to Luke referencing this topic.

You have verified since the setting "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" has moved it is still enabled per library, correct?

Happy2Play

So I need to select each folder in each library and enter a path substitution? The only place I'm seeing the option is after I select a library, then select a folder in that library, then I get this:

589920944503f_Capture.jpg

Correct

example

5899216daa5d4_substitute.jpg

imadunatic

You could sanitize personal info or PM them to Luke referencing this topic.

You have verified since the setting "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" has moved it is still enabled per library, correct?

Just found that option under each library and it's not checked. Did this happen to change during the 3.1.5.0 update? It appears that is when mine started flaking out, looks like maybe the setting just didn't carry over for whatever reason. Also, I don't have any path substitutions saved in each library, I'm guessing this is causing some of the heartburn as well. 

Do I have to set a separate path substitution for each folder in each library or am I missing the "substitute all" like was in previous server versions? 

Happy2Play

Do I have to set a separate path substitution for each folder in each library or am I missing the "substitute all" like was in previous server versions? 

This is per library setting now.

As for the "Save artwork and metadata into media folders" setting I believe it got moved in version 3.1.

imadunatic

Thanks Happy. I'm not gonna lie, this thing has been on cruise control for many versions. I'll go update for the new settings and see how it sorts out. My gut feeling is I'm having 2 issues, one is the not saving metadata in media folders, second is all of my path substitutions didn't transfer. 

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Unless it was fully removed Path substitution should still exit in you system.xml.  I just made the changes when they were updated awhile ago.

• Like 1

imadunatic

Previously, I only had my parent folders substituted, as opposed to each individual folder (I have movies split by MPAA rating, I only had the G://Movies folder substituted to \\SERVER\Movies, not the G://Movies/PG-13 folder. I'm thinking this may be why nothing transferred). Everything is updated now, just need to update my kodi databases and see if all is well.  

imadunatic

All is well, in summation:

• Network paths were not set for each individual folder due to being able to set network paths for higher level folders previously
  • The options for "save metadata and artwork into folders" did not carry over during a server update either. Checking this option for each library, then refreshing fixed my missing metadata.