Here's some codec intros for everyone....

doonze

Here are some Codec Intro's I've created, they were created mostly so far using Clipmaker from panzoid. These are not professional quality, just something I've started playing with. I'll keep adding more as I make them for myself. The music came with the original community creations over there, I may mess with the sound later, but for now it works. This is something I'm just playing with for now, so I can't say it will ever get much better. I'll keep hosting these as long as my server is running, and people don't mess with the server. Since these are not copyrighted if it becomes a problem I'll move them to amazon cloud or something. These are 100% free for community use.

Naming is as so: h264.* will likely be the one I'm currently using. h264-*.* will be alternatives. Just rename correctly to use the one you want.

** your browser may try to stream the links, just right click and do "save link as..." or whatever works in your browser. I may some day setup a legit server or webpage, but this was quick and easy for now*. Below link won't change.**

So anyway, here's the link: Codec Intros

And here's a Amazon Drive link to the same files: ACD

Here's the Wiki doc on how to do intros: Here

And the short instructions: Create a folder (OUTSIDE your Emby libraries) and put the codec intros there. Go to Server Dashboard > Playback, then under Codec Intros put in the path to the folder you just created. Make sure the one you want to use is named correctly (h264.mkv, ac3.mp4, etc) and update your libraries in Emby. Boom, pow, you got codec intros.

I'll update this as things develop. I want to pin down Luke or ebr on exactly what all the codec names it will hit on are, so I hope we can get this info here in this thread. I'll update this post with new info as I find it.

Edited by doonze
  • Like 1

Guest asrequested

Very nice! Couple of things, though. The audio on the dts and AC3 are REALLY loud. The AC3 intro doesn't have AC3 audio, and the dts intro has AC3 audio. 

Yeah, audio is my next adventure. I didn't do the DTS one, is from that trailer link that's shown up here from time to time. The others still have the audio from Clipmaker. I've only used on my laptop so far, and the sound sucks so I didn't realize it was really loud. I'll have to do some playing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ok, audio on AC3 is fixed, it's now AC3 as well as much lower volume. (I'm sure you can guess which one is the new one) On my system DST isn't very loud... dunno what's up with that. That AC3 one was the only one I hadn't ran through OpenShot, that was the raw mkv from the webpage, it seems to lower the quality slightly when I re-encode them so I had tried leaving that one alone. But it's now MPEG/AC3. My thinking on them is MPEG is often handled direct without transcoding right? Someone who knows more than me feel free to speak up and let me know what the best combo is to not have to transcode and I'll use it.

Guest asrequested

Ok, audio on AC3 is fixed, it's now AC3 as well as much lower volume. (I'm sure you can guess which one is the new one) On my system DST isn't very loud... dunno what's up with that. That AC3 one was the only one I hadn't ran through OpenShot, that was the raw mkv from the webpage, it seems to lower the quality slightly when I re-encode them so I had tried leaving that one alone. But it's now MPEG/AC3. My thinking on them is MPEG is often handled direct without transcoding right? Someone who knows more than me feel free to speak up and let me know what the best combo is to not have to transcode and I'll use it.

Whether a file transcodes or not, is dependent on more than the codec. You should use h.264, that has the most playback support. I'll check your revised videos out, in a little bit.

Guest asrequested

Luke had a good suggestion. Upload your videos to dropbox or maybe gdrive and share the link.

Edited by Doofus

The link to the new AC3 video doesn't work. Or rather the link works but nothing after that, does.

https://server.doonze.net/codecintros/ac3-low-vol-ac3-audio.mp4

Luke had a good suggestion. Upload you videos to dropbox or maybe gdrive and share the link.

Yeah, chrome chokes on streaming it, but right-click and download works fine for me. I can throw them on Amazon Cloud, I was just trying to avoid the extra steps to upload them, easier to copy around my internal network. I'll have a AAC one up shortly.

Guest asrequested

You may want to check the audio. The volume is lower, but it's distorted on the heavy beats. I can help with some of this, if you want?

And for some reason, I can't play the file in Theater

Edited by Doofus

Well, hell! I've only tested in the web client. Feel free to help, the audio is just what came in the template, I can make no audio versions, and can add my own audio of course, but I'm no musician and want to avoid copyrighted stuff. (Cause we have so much concern about copyrights, right?) 

In other news, amazon shared link is up, and I've got it auto syncing with rclone, so there's that.

I have been using the codec intros from here

http://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/

There are tons to choose from.

I've linked to that one in the first post too, but they don't have one for all codecs. I'm trying to fill in the gaps.

EDIT: sorry, that was the other thread, I thought I'd linked it here too! Will fix that when I'm not on mobile.

Edited by doonze