Beta "Issues"

skidmarks
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

skidmarks

Guys not sure where we are in the beta cycle.  I have 3 issues.  2 that are technical in nature and one that i think just got overlooked?

The category "music videos" is not showing up in the beta.  Know in the beginning of the preview not all of them where there, but seems like this is the only category that is not available at this point.  I have used all of the available categories when i was setting up the server and all the rest are view-able in the preview.

Search function in music will lock up the roku every time.  I actually forgot that i was locked up one night and it was still frozen in the AM.  Have to unplug it in order to restart the roku.  Will have to see if the same holds true while in the movies section.  Until i can view by artists the search is important to find music easier.

Malformed Data error...  Appears to be local trailers only.  Not all of them, i know some of the ones that do this and keep trying to figure out what is common between them.  The only thing the log seems to state is filename.mp4 stopped after 0ms.  I can play the suspect trailers in the web interface, and with my other alternative roku app (that i look forward to getting rid of), without issue?

I will wait to hear if you would like a fresh log...  Or if these are already known issues.  BTW do not think for one second i am complaining!  Outstanding job you guys are doing here.

Thanks Folks....

Music videos, photos, books and some others are just not supported yet in the app.

I cannot reproduce any issues with search in music so we need to try and figure out what is going on there.

Also don't have any playback problems at the moment so we need complete info on those too.

Thanks.

skidmarks

Here is the log wile trying to use music search with the Roku Stick and the Roku 3...

Both froze, get one clunk sound when i try the roku home button.  Have to unplug the rokus. 

skidmarks

Here are the logs from both the stick and the Roku 3 when i try to play a local trailer.  Picked "Star Wars - A New Hope". 

Stick was at 19:29:52

Roku 3 was at 19:41:53

5892848eda12d_StarwarsCodec.jpg

Cant tell you how many are like this, I have a local trailer for every movie.  During testing i ran across at least a dozen.  Then others play without a issue?

THANKS!

Edited by skidmarks

1) Are you always searching for the same basic thing?  I see the search responses being sent back okay (although one of them does take 4 seconds) so I'm wondering if the issue is actually with something that is in the response.  Can you do the same search "bi" in the web app and see what albums and artists come back.  Anything look funny or different (strange characters etc.)?

2) Any way I could get a copy of one of the trailers giving you trouble?

Thanks.

skidmarks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oe59dkqu9jk57mn/AABgzfceHsVfegz8qhChcJVDa?dl=0

I did test the search function in the web interface...  Results came back almost immediately.  I was looking for Billy Joel.  Got an artist bio that i could use.  Inside that were the first 10 or so albums with a more button.  Acceptable for sure.  Then did a search for Rush.  Did not have an artist bio.  But found a Rush album.  Selected that and then selected Rush.  Went to the bio and had the albums, with the more option.

I have so much media that search really needs to be narrowed down to media type.  Was quite a hodgepodge of items that were returned in those searches.  But they did return results!

It all completed normally, so logs of those two searches are probably not needed, but included just in case...

Thanks!

If you search for "bi" (what was searched for in the Roku app) in the web app, what items come back in that search - specifically, what artists and albums come back since that is all the Roku app is looking for.  We don't care about anything after you go into one of those results but I'm looking for the actual results.

I'm suspecting one of those results has something about it that the Roku app is not handling.

skidmarks

This is what i get with the "bi" search...  I have tried other letter combinations thru the rokus with the same frozen result.

589353db2dbaa_bi1.jpg589353f3dd5d2_bi2.jpg

Can you make me a guest account on your server so I can see if I can reproduce it under the debugger?

As for your trailer, it does not play in the official app either.  We are trying to direct stream it so I guess it needs to be transcoded - but I don't know based on what criteria at this point.

skidmarks

Be more than happy to set up a guest account...  That is my next thing to figure out.  Can u see me says port 8096 is open and can see the service.  Yah, not so much!  I will attempt to figure that out tonight.

Same source where i get all my local trailers.  Same software used to do it.  Same format.  Some play, some dont?  I will mention that the other folks software will start to load it up, gets to 33% and then immediately reloads it and it plays.  This does not take more than a few seconds.  Its the same way for all of the malformed data ones.  Could it possibly be that the other folks try to direct stream it, it cant do it either, so it automatically reloads it but this time transcoding it?

Thanks for your time on this one!  I'll get back to you, hopefully shortly with the guest account.  Family has been using the other one and haven't had a need to get emby out to the WAN.  Figured i had till the preview was done to figure it out.

skidmarks

Got it "figured out"...  Disabled my kaspersky.  No love.  Went it and put the exception into windows firewall.  No love.  Disabled Windows firewall.  Restarted Kaspersky.  Can now see my server using the external IP.

Dont know, dont care.  It works thru kaspersky now.

skidmarks

Huh...  From the dashboard if i click on the external IP number it takes me to the sign in screen.  I have my VPN running, let me kill that.

skidmarks

Just a quick update to let you know that the trailers and search work great in the android version...  Going to figure out my network stuff now

Okay, thanks.  I'm pretty sure this is going to turn out to just be a simple situation of the app not handling some piece of data properly - we just need to figure out what that is :).  Thanks for your efforts.

• Solution

As for your trailer, it does not play in the official app either.  We are trying to direct stream it so I guess it needs to be transcoded - but I don't know based on what criteria at this point.

Please try these problem trailers out in version 1.19.12 of the beta.  I was able to get the sample you gave me to play.  Thx.

• Like 1

skidmarks

I have exhausted my knowledge on this emby connect...  I set it up the same way as the other guys.  Port forward to the server.  Everyone is using it without issue.  Canusee me says the port is open for emby.  But no one can see it outside the house?  Your account went from pending to active...  Which means there had to be some limited connection to make that happen.  I tried erasing my gateway / router.  Running UPnP without the port forwarding.  No love.  No connection to either software servers.  Put the port forwarding back in.  The one works, emby still no love.

Going to walk away from it for a few days and come back to it.  Tried another search, when i was checking the trailers, and complete lock up again. 

Thanks for your dedication and hard work here @ emby!

Edited by skidmarks

skidmarks

Dont know why everyone is telling me they cant connect to the server...  I was out (doesn't happen often) and i connected via android (cell phone) to my server without issues.  Maybe you can give it another shot ebr? 

I am able to log in to your server now.

However, I just tested the search and it worked fine.  Does it still hang for you?

skidmarks

Yes it is locking up almost immediately...  I am going to remove the folders: photos / home videos from my user account and try it again.  That is the only difference between the account i set up for you and my main account.  Glad you could get in!

skidmarks

Definitely locked up...  Removed those two library's and added them back one at a time.  Search is now working perfectly!?!

I would call this RESOLVED!

THANKS!

Edited by skidmarks