Stuttering audio when app minimized

aenima99x

aenima99x

Any updates on this? Still having the problem and it's made the Emby app completely unusable for me. I'm happy to provide more info if needed.

Any updates on this? Still having the problem and it's made the Emby app completely unusable for me. I'm happy to provide more info if needed.

Yes please that would be helpful, thanks.

cchsieh

Actually still have problems with any of my phones and my family's phones. I gave up Emby for android to play music now actually. What kind of info I can provide? Any if you need.

I still want only one server to deal with my movies, music, and photos. Hope to solve it.

• 2 weeks later...
Crossfire0mega

I'm experiencing this issue as well. While streaming or offline playback, the app is fine until it's minimized and put in the background pausing and playing from the notification widget doesn't help either. I tested out with different audio files and they all act this way but video files were unaffected.

Tested on phones:

Samsung Galaxy S5 android version 6.0

LG V10 android version 6.0

Emby for android v2.9.43

darkassassin07

@@Luke any progress on this one?

Note: playback works fine in the background if you use the web app on android (chrome in my case), for anyone looking for a temp solution

• 4 months later...
hyperionx

Any updates or solutions to this? Been comparing emby v plex to see which is best suited for me and just tried the app and I got the same issue.

My phone is a bone stock:

Sony Xperia X Compact

App: Emby for Android mobile 2.9.76

• 3 weeks later...

I tested the libmpv version about only 20min until now.

Before I installed libmpv version, I tested the latest libvlc version, and it still has the stuttering problem. Then, I uninstalled libvlc version and installed libmpv version, and the stuttering problem is gone and the sync problem of Musixmatch floating lyrics is also gone. Everything seems work great now. 

HTC U11 / Android 8.0

Edited by cchsieh

• 2 weeks later...