Export Kodi Library, Metadata, and import it into Emby

Eisa
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello all,

I'm new to Emby and to the forums. I hope that I'm posting in the correct section (^ ^)

--------

I've searched hours for a solution to the issue I'm having but reached nowhere.

The problem:

My naming convention is slightly different than what Emby requires and I get Season Unknown for maybe hundred of shows.

However, my naming convention aligns with Kodi, and Plex and I have my library organized well in there.

But I want to drop Plex for Emby so I'm looking for a solution.

Solution that came to mind but failed:

So I thought perhaps importing my Kodi Library along with metadata or anything would solve this issue.
Yet, all I could find after looking into this is that it's possible for Emby to import its Library to Kodi but not the opposite.

Therefore, I'm wondering if it's possible to export my Kodi library and then import it into Emby, so Emby is then able to recognize the shows and sync with trakt and so on.

Thank you!

Hi, rather than try to do that we should just look at the naming conventions and if we can support them. Can you please discuss some specific examples? Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi, rather than try to do that we should just look at the naming conventions and if we can support them. Can you please discuss some specific examples? Thanks.

For some reason, I was hoping you would say that!

It's a slight naming difference actually but results in various errors. 

What I do is:

For shows that have one season or absolute order I don't name them > S01E01. I prefer naming them > E01 immediately.

For example I have a show called (91 Days), inside it I'll have my video files (since it is only one season) (without creating a season folder).

(91 Days) > (91 Days E01 [bD_1080p].mkv)

(Fate Zero) > (Fate Zero E01 [bD_1080p].mkv)

-------

This results in Emby to act in 4 different funny ways or more (depending on the show).

Usually I get:

Season Unknown > My File Name (because nothing was parsed)

BOZLXgR.png

Rarely I get:

Season Unknown > Video information as a name (which confuses everything)

VltCoYS.png

Very Rarely I get:

Season Unknown > Fully Episode Parsed Information (for the whole show (no clue how it parsed it))

PGnRolo.png

When I have (Specials) folder in the show folder:

I don't get season unknown and I can't access episodes. Only one episode is accessible via Up Next

(for some reason Emby was able to parse information of that one episode!)

c9fFZNw.png

Solutions that can be implemented:

For shows that have one season only, and named E01 it could consider it Season 1, and add it to season 1 folder also.

For shows like Naruto that have multiple seasons but usually named like E220 without considering the season,

it can also add it to either Season 1 and stop parsing information in the end of season one which is like E50.

Or we can get an option for specifying that it is a Season Absolute, similar to Kodi which will be able to continue to parse them using thetvdb absolute episodes number. But must be specified and won't cause confusions for existing add-ons etc (hopefully)

-----

One more slight scraping issue with naming conventions, is that Emby doesn't accept E01a, E01b. It will only accept a.

Thanks!

PS: I still wish for an option to import Kodi's Library :P

Edited by Eisa

• Solution

Ok, I think what we'll do is if there's no season folder, and we couldn't determine a season number from the file name, then we'll just assume season 1 . thanks.

• Like 1