Request a new feature : Forward/ backward video by 5 sec by right/left arrow

MyServer

MyServer

This feature is available on you tube video . Can you please add this feature like one can forward/ backward video by 5 sec (may be a custom set at dashboard) by right/left arrow. 

Thanks !!

In what app?  Some of them behave this way already (on platforms where this is common) however the timings are different.  Back usually goes about 10 seconds and forward about 30.

MyServer

In what app?  Some of them behave this way already (on platforms where this is common) however the timings are different.  Back usually goes about 10 seconds and forward about 30.

ah ..sorry to mention ..in web app.

I think i web app , the arrow key does not work .  

MyServer

Just click the buttons in the video player for 15 second skip.

Luke , i think i does not work over web app . 

I tried both in chrome and Firefox !!

• 7 months later...
Ok, you can click it.. Wonderful.

But still, you can't use your keyboard on the built in web app for almost nothing. No VOLUME SETTINGS, no skipping, no seeking, no going back to emby home screen, you cant navigate the videos with the arrow buttons, NOT EVEN GOING TO FULL SCREEN, nothing. (yeah you can use F11, but its not the same, and you can have problems with it, and besides its easier to find enter on a keyboard as f11 when you are laying in your bed.)

Not to mention subtitle syncing, audio source changing, etc.. You can pause it. Wow, thats what i call an innovation. 

And it's sometimes inconvenient as hell. 

Like using your desktop computer, but watching emby on a tv with a wireless keyboard on the couch. Or using a remote controller, etc..

And ALL other media players i tried have this feature, or something like it.  (plex, younity, netflix jriver, kodi, potplayer, vlc, wmc, youtube, vimea, videa,  and the line goes on, and on)

Since catching keyboard commands/keys from a browser is easy as pie, i think the developers chose it this way for a purpose... 

They want you to buy premium, or a "Theater app", because there is limited keyboard support. I think its not wise.

The problem with is, that its a very basic feature for ANY media player that runs on a PC, or in a browser. And for many of us, like myself, its essential, and very unpleasant if its not implemented. 

This makes the user experience much worse.. 

And since plex, and the others support it, why would i choose emby over them?

I tried emby for some time now, and i like it, so i wanted too chose emby over plex, but without this feature, i won't.

Please, make this right developers, so we can choose you against your competitors. 

Edited by Alter

Please, make this right developers, so we can choose you against your competitors. 

But only if it is completely free...?

But only if it is completely free...?

Since the competitors can do this basic function for free. Yes. For free. 

That's how market economy, and marketing works. If you have such basic services AND something extra, more users switch to you from competitors, and that means more possible buyers too.

But hey since you asked, i'm willing to pay 2-3 bucks for this feature. Only for this, i need nothing else. $119 is a bit much for my taste. :)