Blank Guide

ryanmallison

ryanmallison

Hi there, I'm running 3.1.5.0 and for some reason, I can't get my guide to update.  It's completely blank.  The list of channels populates just fine from the m3u and I can watch any channels, just no guide.  It did work about a week ago.  I've tried updating to betas and the dev channel with no success.  I've also tried downloading the xml file and pointing it to the local copy instead with the same effect.  Uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the sources and putting them in again, etc. all didn't change anything.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Relevant log entry below:  Thanks!

2017-01-30 17:46:45.0063 Info App: Refreshing guide with 7 days of guide data
2017-01-30 17:46:45.0063 Info App: xmltv path: http://pathhere.com/guide.xml
2017-01-30 17:46:45.2504 Error App: Error getting programs
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.1.5.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: key
	   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
	   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetProgramsAsyncInternal>d__71.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetProgramsAsync>d__69.MoveNext()
	System.ArgumentNullException
	   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
	   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetProgramsAsyncInternal>d__71.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetProgramsAsync>d__69.MoveNext()

Jdiesel

Just tested on 3.1.290 and I am still not getting my guide to load. It may be my TVXML itself so I am looking to hear if .290 fixes the guide issue for those with previously working guides.

pir8radio

Just tested on 3.1.290 and I am still not getting my guide to load. It may be my TVXML itself so I am looking to hear if .290 fixes the guide issue for those with previously working guides.

Same as you.

pir8radio

.291 guide now works,   I had to re-enter my Schedules Direct info, it worked after that. 

Edited by pir8radio

.291 guide now works, you must re enter your schedules direct info. 

There is no change that would affect you. I know you are going to associate it with the update because you feel that is the only thing that changed, but your issue is related to your schedules direct setup and/or account.

pir8radio

possibly...    Nothing changed on my end.  I guess the main issue could have been that .987 (was it?) wiped out my SD zipcode and provider info and I didn't notice? re-entering it fixed things?  Got me, its working again. lol

ryanmallison

Just in case, I upgraded to the .291 beta (and also subsequently deleting and readding the xml path) and it still is unfortunately giving me the blank guide.

pir8radio

Sorry for the false hope..  :(    I just refreshed and I only have guide up to channel 96 so something is still going on.. Getting closer though.

Jdiesel

Beta .291 is now working for me. I am able to refresh the guide and map channels using a TVXML. Thanks for looking into this :)