Video Backdrop Half of Screen is black

Scott310

Scott310

Hey guys,

I really don't have an issue.  I guess I am just hopping on to give some feedback.  I have been noticing lately the changes to the movie detail pages across all platforms.  I must say I really do not like that the video backdrops seem to have been darkened again and now there is black across half the screen.  In some movies it is very hard to tell what is even going on in the backdrop.

I also noticed that the logo got moved to the right of the page.  In the web app I think that looks great.  But from a 10 foot GUI experience for most movies it looks way too small and hard to make out.  I preferred it better when it was larger and above the DVD cover.

Most important for me are the video backdrops.  I think they are visually what separates Emby from everyone else.  It doesn't bother me a whole lot that they are slightly darkened but cutting off half the screen was really disappointing.

I hope I don't sound like I'm bitching or anything.  I just wanted to give some user feedback.

Thanks Guys! 

P.S.  What would really be great so that everybody is happy is a slider in the settings to set how opaque you want the backdrops to be. :)

Scott310

Although I don't see the half black screen on Emby theater for xbox. It's jus on the web app and emby theater for windows. I really hope that emby for xbox stays the way it is...