Interlaced SD-channels won't play in Chrome or Chromecast

optimalt

optimalt

I think I understand the problem: direct play of progressive live-tv-channles to devices that support direct play leads to no deinterlacing of interlaced tv-channels because Emby can't detected this fast enough. That is way all live-tv-channels now must be transcoded (and deinterlaced).

Is there anything that can be done about this? Surley I can't be the only one with a lot of 720p/1080p/2160p tv-channels?

I would very much appriciate some kind of setting to force direct play on selected (or even all) channels (or something similar). I have a lot of expensive 1080p and 2160p channels i simply can't use Emby to watch any longer - and (as I said) the 720p in 3 Mbps channels looks horrible.

Thank you in advance!

(Attached are an export from mediainfo that shows that the bitrate indeed is 15 Mbps)

15Mbps-live-tv.txt

I really don't know what you mean here:

I think I understand the problem: direct play of progressive live-tv-channles to devices that support direct play leads to no deinterlacing of interlaced tv-channels because Emby can't detected this fast enough. That is way all live-tv-channels now must be transcoded (and deinterlaced).

optimalt

I really don't know what you mean here:

Ok. I give up.

The next release of the server should have the channels that should direct play, back to direct playing, so please try with that. Thanks.