Ombi for Emby

SuperPotatoMen

tidusjar

@@tidusjar would you prefer feedback here on the forums or via Github?

Feature requests on feathub (it's in the github readme)

Any bugs/issues as a github issues.

But general feedback on here is fine

Jdiesel

I've noticed that there is no way to disable Plex from running completely, unchecking the enable toggle under settings, after setting up Emby. Not a major issue but it seems to want to continue trying to authenticate with Plex in background.

Also been having issues getting the Emby Cacher task to run but I submitted an issue on Github for that.  

• Like 1

tidusjar

I've noticed that there is no way to disable Plex from running completely, unchecking the enable toggle under settings, after setting up Emby. Not a major issue but it seems to want to continue trying to authenticate with Plex in background.

Also been having issues getting the Emby Cacher task to run but I submitted an issue on Github for that.

How do you know it keeps trying to authenticate with Plex?

It was a pretty big task getting Ombi to work with Emby as it was very tightly coupled with Plex, so I am expecting a few issues.

Jdiesel

You may have seen it in my logs posted on GitHub but I've been getting this warning in my logs. You are unable to uncheck "enable" in the Plex settings without including a valid login.

Validation of the plex settings failed.	Ombi.Services.Jobs.PlexContentCacher	Debug	1/31/2017 3:52:07 PM
A setting is null, Ensure Plex is configured correctly, and we have a Plex Auth token.	Ombi.Services.Jobs.PlexContentCacher	Warn	1/31/2017 3:52:06 PM
Edited by Jdiesel

Diedrich

Ombi with Emby integration works great! Okay, well, I only set up Couchpotato and did a few movie requests but so far so good!

A few things:

1. Why do I need Emby integration to get past the wizard if I'm just making requests through Sonarr & CP?

2. I couldn't get the CP requests to work because it said it wasn't set up despite me setting it up. I FINALLY realized that there was a "Enable" checkbox! (I was using the mobile web page too do this, btw)

3. I had to follow the HTPC Guides to the T! I initially tried to put Ombi in my Windows user's folder and I could NOT get the service to install. Only after setting up as per the instructions did it work.

4. I really like the blue theme, nice job.

5. Can I simply copy the Ombi folder to save my configs to move to a new computer?

Edited by dvgmar

CBers

Ombi with Emby integration works great! Okay, well, I only set up Couchpotato and did a few movie requests but so far so good!

A few things:

1. Why do I need Emby integration to get past the wizard if I'm just making requests through Sonarr & CP?

2. I couldn't get the CP requests to work because it said it wasn't set up despite me setting it up. I FINALLY realized that there was a "Enable" checkbox! (I was using the mobile web page too do this, btw)

3. I had to follow the HTPC Guides to the T! I initially tried to put Ombi in my Windows user's folder and I could NOT get the service to install. Only after setting up as per the instructions did it work.

5. Can I simply copy the Ombi folder to save my configs to move to a new computer?

I set up Ombi in C:\ProgramData\Ombi.

then just followed the instructions on the HTPC page.

CBers

Ombi keeps telling me there is an update, so I action the update, Ombi restarts, but it still says there's an update, to the same version,

58919404a73e0_Capture40.jpg

Ombi log attached.

Seems to be an error in the log.

Ombi_2017-02-01.log

CBers

I disabled PLEX, which seems to be enabled by default, but to disable it, you have to enter an IP address in the field before submitting.

I added 0.0.0.0 and it saved fine.

tidusjar

A few things:

1. Because we scan Emby to see if the content is available. In the future we will allow no "Media server" integration.

2. Yeah, we need to know if you have enabled it because for movies we also support Watcher and Radarr, having them all enabled at the same time doesn't seem like something someone would do. Plus is easier to work with in code if it has some sort of enabled flag.

3. Not sure why you couldn't do it in your Windows users folder.

4. Thanks! That's the original look, I plan to add some more themes going forward, not sure what yet though

5. Yeah I don't see why not, the main config file is the database (Ombi.sqlite).

Following this closely! Great concept.

What time frame are we thinking a stable version will be available that supports Emby?

Depends really, I don't like to keep set deadlines/release dates since this is a project in my spare time and I have a quite demanding job with a new born at home too!

So i'd say a week or so depending on any bugs/issues.

Ombi keeps telling me there is an update, so I action the update, Ombi restarts, but it still says there's an update, to the same version,

58919404a73e0_Capture40.jpg

Ombi log attached.

Seems to be an error in the log.

There are known issues with the auto updater, I'm working on that now. It works for some but not others, i'm going to have to rewrite it. 

For now you can press the "Tick" next to the Update Available and it will take you to the page with the .zip

Also regarding the log files saying that the Plex validation failed, it's just logging it, i'll stop that job from running if we are on Emby now.

Edited by tidusjar
  • Like 1

tidusjar

Thanks @@tidusjar.

There's going to be tons of PLEX related stuff coming out of the woodwork with us Emby users ;)

I expected that! Unfortunately Ombi has been Plex since I first started (Almost a year ago), so there will be some things! Just fixed a few things this morning where for user notifications, it wouldn't get sent to the Emby users because it was checking Plex...

• Like 1

CBers

Question: when you create a new Ombi user, should an email get sent to the email address supplied ??

I added a couple of test accounts with valid email addresses, but no email was received to either.

tidusjar

Not when you create the user, the only time the user will receive notifications is if you enable the notifications under the users features.

When a request is found on the Emby server, we will look at who requested that (could be multiple users depending on how you have configured Ombi) and then check if they have the Request added notification feature. If they do then we will send an email to that user saying Your request for XXX is now available!

(This is also dependent on your having your Email notification settings enabled and setup)

CBers

OK, I'll raise it.

With Emby Connect, you create a user and then they receive an email to log onto your Emby server.

Diedrich

Following this closely! Great concept.

What time frame are we thinking a stable version will be available that supports Emby?

It was completely stable when I used version 2.1.1342 last night.

Diedrich

I only learned about Radarr yesterday because of Ombi, one thing I noticed, but didn't try, was that Radarr had a service installer. Is this something you would know how to create? Sure would be helpful for new users.

I'm assuming the service installation isn't necessary and that I could just set Ombi to start at logon? Or is nssm start required for Ombi to run?

• Like 1

I've been testing movie requests today and in some cases I'm able to request movies already in my emby library while most of my movies appear as available when searching for them.

Any idea while some movies aren't recognized by Ombi as already available?

tidusjar

I only learned about Radarr yesterday because of Ombi, one thing I noticed, but didn't try, was that Radarr had a service installer. Is this something you would know how to create? Sure would be helpful for new users.

I'm assuming the service installation isn't necessary and that I could just set Ombi to start at logon? Or is nssm start required for Ombi to run?

I could look into that, it is a possibility.

I've been testing movie requests today and in some cases I'm able to request movies already in my emby library while most of my movies appear as available when searching for them.

Any idea while some movies aren't recognized by Ombi as already available?

This could be a bug, it could be that we are not matching up the request to the actual item on Emby, there are a few backend scheduled jobs that run (you can view this on the settings page), there is the Emby Content Cacher - This is responsible for grabbing all of the movies and tv shows from Emby and sticking them in a local table so we can query rather than calling the api.

Then there is the Emby Availability Checker, this looks at everything that has been requested and then looks to see if there is a match from the table that I was referring to above from the Content Cacher.

Diedrich

This could be a bug, it could be that we are not matching up the request to the actual item on Emby, there are a few backend scheduled jobs that run (you can view this on the settings page), there is the Emby Content Cacher - This is responsible for grabbing all of the movies and tv shows from Emby and sticking them in a local table so we can query rather than calling the api.

Then there is the Emby Availability Checker, this looks at everything that has been requested and then looks to see if there is a match from the table that I was referring to above from the Content Cacher.

Are you matching IMDB IDs? That seems like the only way to get an accurate look-up. Edited by dvgmar

Diedrich

!!!Ombi is being recognized as a device in Emby! I haven't reached my device limit yet but I have read threads lately with people saying that they are running into their device limit. This could be an issue.