Am I using it correct?

tidusjar

tidusjar

Hey guys,

I'm adding support for Emby into Ombi! (Both names go quite well together).

After looking at the api I think I understand it but I just want to validate with you guys.

So I need to get all of the media on the server with the information, the only way I have found to do this is to get the Administrator user ( /users where Policy.IsAdministrator = true).

Then call the following users/AdminUserId/items?Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=Movie 

The reason using the administrator user id is that they should always be able to see everything?

Is this a good way to approach this?

If there is a better way it would be excellent to know!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi.  Actually, you should be able to use the non-user specific end point of just /emby/items.  Your program will have to be authorized still but this can be done via an Api Key that the user can grant.

• Like 1

tidusjar

Excellent! 

I was thinking, this doesn't feel right.

I know Swagger is not working right now, is there any other documentation anywhere?

Thanks!

Edited by tidusjar

That means that the call is missing some required parameters.

It is unfortunate swagger is acting up because that does make this a lot easier.  Make sure you are properly authenticating with the server and providing proper headers

The dashboard code may be the best example of something that does the kind of things you are going to need to.

tidusjar

That means that the call is missing some required parameters.

It is unfortunate swagger is acting up because that does make this a lot easier.  Make sure you are properly authenticating with the server and providing proper headers

The dashboard code may be the best example of something that does the kind of things you are going to need to.

I'm still getting the same error with all of those headers :( I logged an issue on GitHub with the stacktrace