Beta - play next up button

speechles
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

This goes with the "auto play next episode" thread I have, but this details a separate issue. Now with adventure time (I assume you read my other thread and know the issue) no more next up episodes are shown. But.. I am still given a button to "play next up". Press this invokes the circle spinner loading, and dims the screen 50% to await the video player to spawn. The video player though, never spawns. You can navigate still behind the dim and spinner. It looks like it ties up one of the cpu threads. If you do it again, you can lag the roku enough it reboots. So whatever is control the appearance of the "play next up" button needs some attention.

More info: version 1.19.6

a0c423c3ca2fcbd96cc5e0e9bb1fe9e9.jpg

No next up episodes shown, it starts on seasons as the first row, but I am presented with a "play next up" button.

5a420fc8c808fc297dba4cca221562f8.jpg

You can see in the second image I can still navigate underneath and move the green focus. Moved it down onto princess bubblegum on season 3, right under the spinner.

Even more:

You can "break" out of this by pressing the "play all" button and once it spawns the player back out. This fixes it back to normal.

Edited by speechles

This is still a problem, correct?

Yep. Just tested again.

American dad, suggests I start on season 14 episode 6 in next up. Nope started at episode 7. Episode 8 is upcoming. Now it is smart enough to not play episode 8. But after playing 7 it replays 6 then 7 then 6 and it repeats this way. Used fast-fwd to move to end of episode to let next autoplay.

• Solution

1.19.9 should no longer show a "Play Next Up" button for series with no next up episodes.

Still happens...

See post #4

This is "auto play next episode" repeating the next up episode row. I start on s14e7 fast-fwd to end.. it should stop.. s14e8 is upcoming. Doesnt stop, instead plays s14e6 which is first in next up. Then repeats this over and over ad infinitum.

I do notice the play next up episode button is gonefrom the series. Halfway there. The other half is on individual episodes at the detail screen, the next up row is still shown.

This should be easily reproduceable as long as the end of the series has missing/upcoming episodes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks but that is a different issue and is reported here: Beta - auto play next episde

All I'm concerned about with this issue (in order to get it off my list) is the "Play Next Up" button being there when it shouldn't.  Can we say that is fixed?

Yes, that part is fixed.. but... You know what I mean. ^__~

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk