Samsung UN55J6300

Jay204

Yep I gave it a try and it works great, but as I'm in Australia it's just not viable.

I would lose too much functionality with local content such as Freeview and Catchup Tv.

Can't wait for it to appear in the Australian content store.  :D

• Like 2

I was just about to start a thread about this very issue, I have a UE43J5600 and the install instructions don't work.

Guess I'll have to stick with plex.

Keep up the good work and await the day we can all get Emby.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was just about to start a thread about this very issue, I have a UE43J5600 and the install instructions don't work.

Guess I'll have to stick with plex.

One TV in my house is the exact same model. I bought it almost 2 years ago so it's not even that old. I use it for Plex, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Youtube.

After logging in as developer the TV says it cannot connect to the Samsung network because the OS needs an update. It's running firmware version 1530 which is the latest.

However there is a workaround for Emby. I can start a movie in the iPhone app and cast it to the TV directly via DLNA.

Hopefully there will be a compatible Samsung client soon.

• 5 months later...

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

For those in Canada can you please check the app store on your Samsung TV and let us know if the Emby app is available now? Thanks !