Tizen 1.0.20 still transcode for 4k title on KU 2016 model

Abobader

1.0.20 has launched. Enjoy :)

Well done!

Problem with subtitles is now fixed. Still transcode 4k title as I just test it.

My best

Well done!

Problem with subtitles is now fixed. Still transcode 4k title as I just test it.

My best

4K has much higher bitrates, so this may be your problem, especially on wireless.  In the app settings try changing the Max bitrate from Auto to 4k - 80mbps and see if that fixes it.

• Like 1

Good day,

Thanks. We'll need to see an example of the 4k transcode. thanks.

Here is the transcode file:

ffmpeg-transcode-a11a0c63-c0fc-477f-a5ac-ca919444b97c.txt

4K has much higher bitrates, so this may be your problem, especially on wireless.  In the app settings try changing the Max bitrate from Auto to 4k - 80mbps and see if that fixes it.

This on wired lan gb switch, I will test the setting and report back.

My best

Looks like Auto bitrate detection may be limiting to ~32Mbs, file is 61Mbs.  I think forcing to 80Mbs may stop the transcoding but you may get buffering.  

You can also make sure Auto is actually selected in the Max Bitrate setting.  If you change the bitrate via he OSD while playing an item it will actually change this setting for everything.  It may not actually be set to auto any more, you need to go into settings and change it back to auto

Looks like Auto bitrate detection may be limiting to ~32Mbs, file is 61Mbs.  I think forcing to 80Mbs may stop the transcoding but you may get buffering.  

Good day,

I setup to 80, but now from now and then busy circle start to happens, do you want the log for this?

My best

Good day,

I forgot to mention that this tv as my pc monitor, 50 inch, the model:

UA50KU7000K

Now with latest emby server: 3.1.6234.27466 dev

And the settings:

58893ae6e4938_20170126_24225.jpg

No more busy circle and the play went very smooth, but still transcoding for 4K title, here the log:

ffmpeg-transcode-05fdc335-8409-4055-812d-f4a3c08c4e33.txt

My best

Good day,

Emby server: 3.1.6235.2624 dev

Same setting as in post #10

Thing not good this time, always busy circle and come a lots with titles I tried, I could not find transcode logs at the log folder, so here the emby complete log file:

server-63621045959.txt

My best

In this case, you're getting what you asked for. You forced your own bitrate in settings, but it's probably too much for the tv or network connection.

Good day Luke,

I will role out the tv, because it can handle 4k without problem, i test that with direct usb and play / test 4k titles

I run more test but from now, it not my lan issue, but test and run some monitor software will not hurt anything :)

My best

It can handle 4K but most streaming 4k is a lower bitrate than your bluray rips.

Good point buddy, and fully understand the issue here.

I will see if I can find a fix for the lan issue.