URL changes constantly

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

5888dae41e8ca_20170124_180501.png

Hi, I wonder if there is a way to fix the address of this field. 

I use fixed ip on the internet carrier and I do not understand why Emby Server changes at all times, forcing the new url to inform the users at all times.

Happy2Play

As long as your WAN has a fixed IP then yes, enter that address in Advanced-Hosting-External domain.

• Like 1

CarlosLima

As long as your WAN has a fixed IP then yes, enter that address in Advanced-Hosting-External domain.

Thank you very much for the quick response. Is this field what I should enter the remote access address?

post-26813-0-98907100-1485365016_thumb.png

Edited by CarlosLima

maegibbons

Seems odd if you have a global static ip assigned.  Are you sure you have?

If you have a range allocated to you such as a /29 does it hop to different ips in the range?

If so your router is set to nat "Many to Many" which is unusual.

Think you need to speak with your ISP to make sure

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Thank you very much for the quick response. Is this field what I should enter the remote access address?

You would enter just the IP address there nothing else.

Happy2Play

Are you able to access your server remote on an IP address that is different than what is listed there?

Think you need to speak with your ISP to make sure

I agree here, it the best to do.

• Like 1

CarlosLima

Are you able to access your server remote on an IP address that is different than what is listed there?

Oh, no.

CarlosLima

I agree here, it the best to do.

Yes, my ip is static, because the operator only provides static ip for corporate plan, which is my case.

Happy2Play

Oh, no.

If that is the case then no you can't try to fix an IP.  Your ISP is bouncing your WAN address.  I would have your users use Connect (app.emby.media) instead of your IP. Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

CarlosLima

If that is the case then no you can't try to fix an IP.  Your ISP is bouncing your WAN address.  I would have your users use Connect (app.emby.media) instead of your IP.

I understand, the issue is that customers use various ways to access my server, such as pc / laptop windows or iOS, android tablet / smartphone or iOS, apple tv, smart tv, android satellite receiver etc. In this case, I would not be able to tell them all how to use Connect.

maegibbons

If you have been assigned a SINGLE static ip the ip address for the "remote field" (as you caled it) WILL NOT CHANGE.

There are cases that it could change IF you have been assigned a small subnet.  Otherwise it is changing because it is a dynamic ip from your provider.

You need to find out.

Krs

Mark

Yes, my ip is static, because the operator only provides static ip for corporate plan, which is my case.

Good day,

I understand, but maybe these "static" only within your ISP private nat, so it best to call them.

My best

maegibbons

Otherwise look at "dynamic dns providers" (dyn-dns) so you can hide whatever your ip actualy is behand an easily memorable dns name.

krs

Mark

Happy2Play

Otherwise look at "dynamic dns providers" (dyn-dns) so you can hide whatever your ip actualy is behand an easily memorable dns name.

krs

Mark

Emby already provides that with Connect.

maegibbons

He has already said that he does not want to use connect.

Edited by maegibbons