Web Client - Season Navigation

maximumentropy

maximumentropy

In the web client, there used to be a simple way to navigate to the previous or next season of a TV show.  With recent versions, including 3.1.2.0 which I am currently running, I need to navigate back to the show and then select the desired season.  I would like for the previous/next season navigation functionality (or something like it) to be re-implemented.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Happy2Play

There needs to be buttons on the left and right of the episode slider to go back or forward a season.

Koleckai Silvestri

Don't even know why a different screen for seasons is needed... 

Show the Series as it is now. Show the seasons like they are. Under the posters show the episode list starting at the first available season. When the user clicks on a Season poster, show the episodes for that Season.

Don't even know why a different screen for seasons is needed... 

Show the Series as it is now. Show the seasons like they are. Under the posters show the episode list starting at the first available season. When the user clicks on a Season poster, show the episodes for that Season.

In other words you're suggesting just flatten them to avoid the drill down?

Koleckai Silvestri

I am suggesting that between the Season and Cast & Crew rows, there would be an Episode row. If no season is selected, then it should display the episodes from Season 1. When a different Season is clicked on then its episodes are displayed via AJAX.

Happy2Play

I am suggesting that between the Season and Cast & Crew rows, there would be an Episode row. If no season is selected, then it should display the episodes from Season 1. When a different Season is clicked on then its episodes are displayed via AJAX.

That is fine adding another view point, but still doesn't fix once you enter an episode you have back out to get to the next/previous season.

• Like 1

Ok I see, so basically you want to avoid the navigation.

Koleckai Silvestri

Ok I see, so basically you want to avoid the navigation.

Less clicks and a more modern interface, yes.

maximumentropy

I like the current season display because it allows me to take in a lot more information about a season in a glance without scrolling back and forth.  I think the existing display (or something like it) should be preserved.  It would be OK with me if it were outside the normal navigation and took an extra step to get there.  This would basically be what @Koleckai Silvestri suggested, with the in-episode season slider having a hot link to the season-at-a-glance display.

• 1 year later...
chowbok

This went a little off-topic. I like the per-season pages, but, like the original poster, I'd like to have previous/next navigational buttons on them. Can these be added? Doesn't seem like it'd be a difficult change...