Actor Images Not Matching up with Imdb

Blueeyiz702

Blueeyiz702

When i try to identify a actor image that does not show on movie,and input imdb id it keeps returning a blank like actor does not exist

and it has to be done manually. Its happened multiple time over past couple of weeks. Even tho there is a imdb id for Sienna Nanue when i input to identify with id and name it does not work and image stays blank?

588879c579a1f_screenshotlocalhost8096201

Koleckai Silvestri

Emby doesnt pull information from IMDB. Entering the id only allows cross reference with its metadata providers. It doesn't guarantee updated information or images.

Happy2Play

You have to remember no information or images ever comes directly from IMDB.

Blueeyiz702

You have to remember no information or images ever comes directly from IMDB.

So then is there a way to fix the problem,so i don't have to go through and manually do the one's

that do not so up. And Luke i tried that to same issue.

Happy2Play

There is no image for "Sennia Nanue" on TMDB so you would have to upload one directly to your server or help the community and upload one at TMDB.

People image sources

5889457248ca5_people.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@Luke

When you search for a Person via IMDB id we get a error (422) from TMDB.

422	Invalid date range: Should be a range no longer than 14 days.
2017-01-25 16:43:08.4918 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/person?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.1.285.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System
	System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (422).
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (422).
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---

System.AggregateException
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (422).
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

Was going to ask why IMDB ids returned no results from TMDB (when results are available) but saw the error in the log when searching, note there is no query info.

Edited by Happy2Play

We should just remove Imdb from the person Identify form altogether.

I tested person identify via MovieDB Id and it worked just fine.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

We should just remove Imdb from the person Identify form altogether.

I tested person identify via MovieDB Id and it worked just fine.

What is the purpose of the TV.com ID also? 

To be able to show the link on the detail screen. I'm not really sure if anyone cares about tv.com anymore.

Happy2Play

I don't see who would provide it TMDB or TVDB.  Don't see external options at either unless I am just blind.

Blueeyiz702

Updated most of the missing images for that movie.

I added images to the database,and it still won't update them? So there must be something going wrong

588aa2ee88bf3_EliLaneTMDB.png

588aa30e4b93e_EliLaneEmby.png

Happy2Play

Sometimes it take awhile for them to be processed and be available via the API.  They are always immediately visible on the website.  I have 4 images that still haven't updated.

Not sure of TMDB's policy but I know Fanart has a 7 day wait for new images unless you have a api key or are a vip member.

Requests to fanart without a personal API key return images that were approved over 7 days ago. With a personal API key that drops to 48 hours and if you are also a fanart VIP member that will further drop to around 10 minutes.
Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

In addition to that there is a caching layer in emby server that will last for up to 3 days.

Even if you use Refresh or Identify?