Web App won't play videos on Android tablet (Chrome)

nonstatic
Go to solution Solved by rechner123,

nonstatic

Hi there,

I'm having a problem trying to play videos on my Android tablet using Chrome.  My (older) Android phone plays them fine using the same browser.  When I try to play a video, I can only see the fanart and the video window never appears.

I'm attaching my server log and ffmpeg log, I hope I'm doing this correctly but let me know if you need any more information.

ffmpeglog.txt

serverlog.txt

Happy2Play

To me it looks like you are stuck on a really old DEV build "3.1.6034.22791",  that version is from about "Jul 9 2016".  I would reinstall from the download page the version you prefer to use.

Current versions
Stable 3.1.2.0
Beta    3.1.283.0
Dev     3.1.6233.26849

Edited by Happy2Play

nonstatic

Oh, not sure now I ended up on dev channel but I've now updated to stable.  Unfortunately the issue persists.  New log attached, it should be the most recent activity at the bottom.

Happy2Play

Oh, not sure now I ended up on dev channel but I've now updated to stable.  Unfortunately the issue persists.  New log attached, it should be the most recent activity at the bottom.

No new logs attached.

hi @@nonstatic, due to the length of time between your updates, i would first run a library scan. Once that completes then try to play your content. If the issue persists, please provide a new set of logs. Thanks !

nonstatic

Apologies for the log not attaching, I swear I had done it. :)

The library had re-scanned when I installed the new version, but I went ahead and re-scanned again and restarted the server.  Issue still persists, log attached this time (I hope).

Log.txt

rechner123

Same problem here since 3.1.4 update. I have delete browser chache, updated to 3.1.5

Still the same problem. Chrome 55.0.2883.91 on android 7.1 tablet.

On my smartphone with the same chrome version it does work normal.

With the standart browser (samsung) it also does not work!

Remember that on mobile devices you need to click the second play button that appears in the middle of the screen.

rechner123

When i press play to watch the movie, then there come only the backdrop image from the movie and no play button or the OSD

nonstatic

That is the same issue I'm having.  I started looking at the server while I try to launch a video from the tablet.  It shows 'direct playing' but it just hangs, the video play time does not ever progress to a number value.  I tried several videos but I get the same results.   

I'm attaching a screenshot of what the server shows and a new log.    

post-49915-0-34923300-1485646986_thumb.jpg

Log.txt

Edited by nonstatic

PenkethBoy

have you got any HW acceleration on? - i had some erratic behaviour on my android phone with playback and turning off quicksync solved that for me - (approx 3.1.2 stable)

nonstatic

have you got any HW acceleration on? - i had some erratic behaviour on my android phone with playback and turning off quicksync solved that for me - (approx 3.1.2 stable)

Thanks for the suggestion, I had a look but HW acceleration was already turned off.  

nonstatic

I think it is just missing the play button for devices that don't allow video autoplay.

I've realized something weirder, I can find a tiny portion of the previous video title screen if I "scroll" until my scrollbar reaches the "top" and then start slowly scrolling down.  The problem is that if I let my finger go from scrolling, that disappears and it's just the fullscreen fanart again.  I can find another play button (it's just the same button I had already pressed) but, no matter how quickly I try to press it after letting go of the scrolling, it disappears before I can press it!

Pretty weird.  I did manage to take a screenshot while my finger was still on the scroll bar.  Screenshot attached 

(pay no attention to the volume display, had to be done to get the screenshot taken in time + tint is just my Twilight app.  I did try once more without Twilight running just to rule that out btw)

This just appears to be the same screen I was on before I first hit the play button, though.  I don't think this is the "second play button" I'm supposed to be seeing, is it?  

post-49915-0-12375800-1485725427_thumb.png

Edited by nonstatic

rechner123

I have made screenshots

588e5e677cf53_Screenshot_20170129222503.

588e5eb9a381a_Screenshot_20170129222603.

588e5f7724d63_Screenshot_20170129222618.

1 picture i press abspielen(play), then it come only the backdrop, show in the second picture.

No osd, play button ore something other.

The third picture shows it looks like when i try to scroll.

Edited by rechner123

rechner123

I've realized something weirder, I can find a tiny portion of the previous video title screen if I "scroll" until my scrollbar reaches the "top" and then start slowly scrolling down.  The problem is that if I let my finger go from scrolling, that disappears and it's just the fullscreen fanart again.  I can find another play button (it's just the same button I had already pressed) but, no matter how quickly I try to press it after letting go of the scrolling, it disappears before I can press it!

Pretty weird.  I did manage to take a screenshot while my finger was still on the scroll bar.  Screenshot attached 

(pay no attention to the volume display, had to be done to get the screenshot taken in time + tint is just my Twilight app.  I did try once more without Twilight running just to rule that out btw)

This just appears to be the same screen I was on before I first hit the play button, though.  I don't think this is the "second play button" I'm supposed to be seeing, is it?  

You where faster.

The play button is the button from the page from the movie, like in my first picture.

rechner123

Yea it is just missing the play button for devices that don't allow video autoplay.

What does this mean? Embedded videos from other hompages does play automatic?

nonstatic

Yea it is just missing the play button for devices that don't allow video autoplay.

Is there something that can be done for the play button to appear?  Is there something my tablet and rechner123's tablet have in common which is causing this to happen?  For example maybe we both have abnormal CPU's for android?  (mine is Intel not ARM-based)    

Edited by nonstatic
  • Like 1

zenbandit

Just wanted to add that I having the same issue here. Plays fine on mobile but not on tablets (nexus and shield both nvidia k1 chips).

What I have found as a crappy workaround is use Firefox and clear the browser data each time you use it, and you can play the videos. This may work with chrome but I don't want to clear my data to find out.

Do you need any more logs?

Just wanted to add that I having the same issue here. Plays fine on mobile but not on tablets (nexus and shield both nvidia k1 chips).

What I have found as a crappy workaround is use Firefox and clear the browser data each time you use it, and you can play the videos. This may work with chrome but I don't want to clear my data to find out.

Do you need any more logs?

We're reviewing it for a future release, thanks. 

• Like 1