2.2.0 Stable - "Latest" in Media Folder view expanded to all libraries

shorty1483

shorty1483

Issue description:

I use several movie libraries ("3D Movies", "Movies" -> Movie libraries; "Workout Vids" as mixed content).

When I navigate to the Homescreen Movies entry, it's clear that every video from the libraries above is shown in this section. To avoid this, I still use the Media Folder Menu entry.

But when I switch to "Latest" menu inside one of the Media Folders above, I do not get latest sorting from with the specific media folder but for all of them.

Is this desired behaviour? And is there really no way of showing the real user libraries in the left side menu? I think this is the only client that still uses a Media Folder view for that.

Steps to reproduce:

1. You need min. 2 movie or mixed content library containing movies

2. On homescreen, go to Media Folders

3. Choose a movie library Media Folder

4. Go into Latest Menu entry

5. See that the shown videos are from all movie libraries, not just the one you are navigating in

My TV/HTS/BD Player model number:

UE55H6270SS

My firmware version:

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on:

---

My Emby server version:

Beta .282

My current Emby Samsung client version:

2.2.0 Stable

Other Emby Samsung versions the issue can be reproduced in:

2.2.0 Beta

Supporting information to include logs and pictures where applicable:

Needed?

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

I take your point. I have just two Movie folders, kids and adults. Clearly, when I sort the kids movies by latest I don't want the adult movies mixed into that view. Definitely a bug.

• Like 1

I think on the web client, when you select Media Folder views, you don't get the enhanced options like 'latest'

shorty1483

I think on the web client, when you select Media Folder views, you don't get the enhanced options like 'latest'

Another point to get away from the media folder view and to use the server provided libraries without grouping them to one movie/series item my dearest devs :)

Edit: ...if that's possible.

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 2

Actually, I can't replicate this.

When I go to Media Folders, then choose a movie library Media Folder I don't actually have a 'Latest' menu option.  I only see the Movies in the selected folder and that's it.  

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I only see the Latest Menu if I select the Movies view from the Menu.  This view will show anything picked up in the 'Movies' view from the server as defined in the Server Server->User Settings->Home Screen->My Views  (as you appear to be seeing)

Can you confirm in the Settings->About page that you are running version v2.2.0k. as this behaviour sounds like an old bug that was fixed.

Also, please try changing your home view 1 and home view 2 settings in the app to something different, exit the app, then go back in and set them to the desired view and see if this helps.

Finally, please try deleting the app.  Power off the TV, then reinstall from 173.230.139.54.  I have seen occasions where strange things happen if the app doesn't install cleanly.

Another point to get away from the media folder view and to use the server provided libraries without grouping them to one movie/series item my dearest devs :)

Edit: ...if that's possible.

That's the ideal.

Actually, we basically we do this now since we change the queries a few versions ago.  TV, Movies is based on the server views and the user library selections in 'My Views' and supports latest, upcoming etc..  There is still a legacy Folder view, but it is purely a folder view for those that want that view.  I found that TV, Movies, etc would honour the server settings and match the web client very well now.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/SamsungSmartTV/commit/b757c390223bee4bf6157fe0ba68b908c4a854c4

shorty1483

Actually, I can't replicate this.

When I go to Media Folders, then choose a movie library Media Folder I don't actually have a 'Latest' menu option.  I only see the Movies in the selected folder and that's it.  

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I only see the Latest Menu if I select the Movies view from the Menu.  This view will show anything picked up in the 'Movies' view from the server as defined in the Server Server->User Settings->Home Screen->My Views  (as you appear to be seeing)

Can you confirm in the Settings->About page that you are running version v2.2.0k. as this behaviour sounds like an old bug that was fixed.

Also, please try changing your home view 1 and home view 2 settings in the app to something different, exit the app, then go back in and set them to the desired view and see if this helps.

Finally, please try deleting the app.  Power off the TV, then reinstall from 173.230.139.54.  I have seen occasions where strange things happen if the app doesn't install cleanly.

Since I also saw irritating behaviour when not doing a clean install on my TV in the past, I always do a complete fresh install when upgrading version incl. Uninstall, Power off TV, Install, Configuring from scratch. So I did all what you proposed anyway + I always change my views during first configuration. 

I installed version from this thread: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44081-220-released/ About page is showing no k, just 2.2.0 like the linked version in thread. Is there a new beta?

I work with parental controls anyways, so my son will not see the adult movies if he switches to Latest in e.g. the kids movies library, but I separated because e.g. my wife an me do not want to see the latest kids movies in our library when we explicitely go into the adult movies library and then on latest.

@@cmcg can you reproduce?

Edited by shorty1483

Yes, you're right, no 'k' now.

Can you post a screen shot when you go into folders so I can see the headers?

shorty1483

Can you post a screen shot when you go into folders so I can see the headers?

You mean the log in the app or the physical folders on my PC?

Edited by shorty1483

shorty1483

No, the screen where you select Latest

It's in the Video at position 00:14. In the vid in navigate to Media Folders View  from homescreen, the I enter Kids Movies, in there I navigate to Latest et voilà , I got all the latest Movies from all libraries.

Sorry,I forgot this was a video.

Yes, I remember this issue.  Here is the post I raised last year when I updated the queries  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/33072-api-call-to-usersuseriditemslatest-doesnt-honour-parentid-field/  

I couldn't replicate as my library was set to Unset (mixed content).  In this case,you don't get the top menu with Latest, etc.  You could do this as a work around.  The downside is that you get thumb images instead of posters.

Probably we should turn off the top menu when in Media Folders view as the options actually don't make sense anyway.

To be honest, I stopped using the Media Folders view long ago.

Do you use one library or multiple?  I separated my kids & adults movies into their own library.  I then created a Kids User account and only added the Libraries I wanted them to have access to.  

shorty1483

Sorry,I forgot this was a video.

Yes, I remember this issue. Here is the post I raised last year when I updated the queries https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/33072-api-call-to-usersuseriditemslatest-doesnt-honour-parentid-field/

I couldn't replicate as my library was set to Unset (mixed content). In this case,you don't get the top menu with Latest, etc. You could do this as a work around. The downside is that you get thumb images instead of posters.

Probably we should turn off the top menu when in Media Folders view as the options actually don't make sense anyway.

To be honest, I stopped using the Media Folders view long ago.

Do you use one library or multiple? I separated my kids & adults movies into their own library. I then created a Kids User account and only added the Libraries I wanted them to have access to.

I have following libraries:

Adult Movies (Content Type Movies)

Kids Movies (Content Type Movies)

Documentation and Workout Videos (Mixed Content)

When going to latest, latest videos of all three libs are shown.

I would also stop using the folder view if all the contents from the libs above weren't mixed together in the original movie menu of the app.

I had a quick look as to why Latest is showing for Media Folders.  I'm not sure that removing it is an easy fixed based on the way it's currently written.  

As the Orsay app does not support showing individual libraries, this is why all the movies get mixes together.  

The easiest fix might be to use different User accounts for Kids.

For interest, add a new library and set it up the same as your Kids Movies, but give it a different name and set the type to Unset (Mixed content).  See what this looks like in the Media Folders view and whether it works for you as a compromise.

shorty1483

I had a quick look as to why Latest is showing for Media Folders.  I'm not sure that removing it is an easy fixed based on the way it's currently written.  

As the Orsay app does not support showing individual libraries, this is why all the movies get mixes together.  

The easiest fix might be to use different User accounts for Kids.

For interest, add a new library and set it up the same as your Kids Movies, but give it a different name and set the type to Unset (Mixed content).  See what this looks like in the Media Folders view and whether it works for you as a compromise.

No problem just thought I report it. The most important is that my son cannot see the rated movies regarding parental control. That's the case and if the fix needs too much fiddling, I can live with how it is atm.

• Like 1