subtitles displaying when profile has them disabled

mgworek

mgworek

First time I saw this last night. Checked this morning to make sure subtitles were turned off under my profile on the apple tv and they are.

Checked it on the web browser player and subtitles were not showing unless I told them to. 

Server and Remux log attached.

Thanks

ffmpeg-remux-af685fee-3853-4e49-8a4d-34a118726f2e.txt

server-63620838165.txt

Checked this morning to make sure subtitles were turned off under my profile on the apple tv and they are.

Where, exactly, was that?

Our subtitle handling is based on conditions other than settings on the device.  We use your settings on the server (also accessible from the user menu in the app) and, also, remember your last selection.  So, if you turned on subs the last time you played an item, they will be enabled again the next time.

mgworek

I went to the main screen for the app on the apple tv. clicked on my profile picture to go into my settings. I think subtitles are under the display settings? they were turned off. I have never manually turned on subtitles on the apple tv app.

Is there a way to turn them off while the video is playing? I didn't think to look for that for a quick fix.

There isn't a setting there called "off".  There are different selection modes where we look at the language of the audio and language of the subtitles etc.  There is a setting for "Never show subtitles".  However, that will be overridden by manually selecting them - and that wouldn't have had to happen in this app.  Could have been from any Emby app.

Swipe down on the remote during playback and you will get a menu that will allow you to control the internal subs.

• 1 month later...
voxadam

I'm seeing this same behavior. I've opened the files in both Emby Web and VLC and can verify that the video doesn't have the subtitles burned in. While playing the video in the Emby app for Apple TV I pulled the top menu down to verify that the subtitles were disabled, they were. What's odd is that when I selected English on the subtitle pull down menu the app began displaying two copies of the subs.

I'm seeing this same behavior. I've opened the files in both Emby Web and VLC and can verify that the video doesn't have the subtitles burned in. While playing the video in the Emby app for Apple TV I pulled the top menu down to verify that the subtitles were disabled, they were. What's odd is that when I selected English on the subtitle pull down menu the app began displaying two copies of the subs.

Can you post the specifics about this item?  Also the ffmpeg log if there was one?  I suspect they were being burned in by the server for some reason.  Thanks.

Okay, a subtitle stream was selected.  What are your subtitle settings in the playback settings in the app and what is the specific media info for this item?