Animated Movie Posters

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

I recently built a new HTPC to run Kodi.  I'm using the MQ7 Skin and have noticed that some of my movie posters are animated.  I'm trying to figure out how that happened and how I can get more of them animated.  I've been going through my library using the Metadata Manager and updating posters, disks, thumbnails, etc.  My assumption is that Emby is downloading the animated posters, but I don't have any way to determine what is animated and what isn't animated.

Is there a way for me to choose animated posters, or at least determine which ones are animated when I'm in the Metadata Manager choosing the posters?

Edit ->  Now I'm even more confused.  While going through some more of the metadata today, I ran across Pulp Fiction.  Last night it showed an animated poster, but inside of the Metadata manager, there was a completely different poster.

Here is what Kodi shows:

post-176454-0-93019300-1485272036_thumb.gif

Here is what the Metadata manager shows:

post-176454-0-24503900-1485272042_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

I guess MQ7 supports animated gifs.

Then the question becomes, how do I know what metadata is being supplied by Emby and what is being supplied by Kodi? This was a brand new box with a fresh install of Kodi & Emby if that matters.

Edited by Spyderturbo007

xnappo

I was just kidding. This is a server feature request.

Actually I am not sure that native Kodi even support this?  It might be a skin thing like extrafanart.

Edited by xnappo

CBers

I was just kidding. This is a server feature request.

Actually I am not sure that native Kodi even support this?  It might be a skin thing like extrafanart.

@@Spyderturbo007 - you need a skin in Kodi that supports Animated GIFs, such as @@marcelveldt's Titan skin.

In Titan, you can then enable Animated GIFs to be downloaded, but they won't/don't get copied back to Emby.

Spyderturbo007

But that leaves me with the same question.  If I'm using Emby, why wouldn't what I've chosen in the Metadata manager be shown?  How do I know what metadata is being used from Emby and what is being generated by whatever is downloading the animated posters?

CBers

But that leaves me with the same question.  If I'm using Emby, why wouldn't what I've chosen in the Metadata manager be shown?  How do I know what metadata is being used from Emby and what is being generated by whatever is downloading the animated posters?

The skin or some other addon must be doing it.

@@marcelveldt?

@@Spyderturbo007 - you need a skin in Kodi that supports Animated GIFs, such as @@marcelveldt's Titan skin.

In Titan, you can then enable Animated GIFs to be downloaded, but they won't/don't get copied back to Emby.

im85288

As others have mentioned, it all comes down to your chosen skin. Some will allow you to turn animated posters on (the source of which is kodi community driven) and that will show in place of whatever you have set in your own metadata..they will also allow you to turn it off. To assure you are using a skin that does not do hidden things make sure to use Kodi's default skin (Confluence for kodi 16 and less...or Estuary for kodi 17 onwards)

yardameus

I would also generally assume that if the skin supports and has a feature to download animated posters, it also gives those posters priority over the info from emby.  Check the skin settings and also dependent addons for that skin.