Theater is using madVR 0.90.24 How to I update to the latest (0.91.5)

pclausen
Go to solution Solved by Guest asrequested,

pclausen

I downloaded the latest version of madVR, copied the contents to a folder in Program Files, and executed the install.bat file.  However, after a restart, Theater is still using the old version.

What is the process to tell Theater to use the version I just downloaded and installed.  I see the contents in this folder were updated:

C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\COMObjects\madVR

Yet ET still launches the old version.

Guest asrequested

If you want to install your own, delete the contents of that folder and unzip the downloaded files to that folder, and restart ET

Edited by Doofus

PrincessClevage

Easiest way I found was to:

Download required version and extract

Play a video in ET on emby server pc

Move/minimise ET while video is still playing and open task manager

Find madvr and right click on it in task manager then select "Open file location"

Copy extracted files from step 1 to this location

Restart emby server and ET

Play another video in ET on emby server pc

Goto task bar and you should see madvr icon running

Double click on madvr icon in the task bar to open setting and you should now see madvr version is updated

Guest asrequested

I downloaded the latest version of madVR, copied the contents to a folder in Program Files, and executed the install.bat file

Don't do that. Just clean out the madVR folder and extract the files to the empty folder.

Don't use an executable, use the zip file

Edited by Doofus

pclausen

Switching to edge made ET begin using 91.5.   Thanks

If I wanted to do it manually at some point in the future, if I delete the contents of the madVR folder and unzipped the downloads files to that folder, would I not loose all my custom settings?

Guest asrequested

Switching to edge made ET begin using 91.5. Thanks

If I wanted to do it manually at some point in the future, if I delete the contents of the madVR folder and unzipped the downloads files to that folder, would I not loose all my custom settings?

I'm pretty sure the settings are retained.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

What if I use madVR outside of Emby, and I already have it installed (both ET and my own codec installs are updated to v91.5) can I copy my settings.bin file into the ET madVR folder and have those settings work the same?

Guest asrequested

What if I use madVR outside of Emby, and I already have it installed (both ET and my own codec installs are updated to v91.5) can I copy my settings.bin file into the ET madVR folder and have those settings work the same?

That I don't know. I've never tried. But I think the madVR settings in ET are stored in ET. Babgvant or Luke would have to confirm that.

• 2 weeks later...
babgvant

It should as long as the settings in the bin file aren't overridden by ET's runtime configuration.

babgvant

It should as long as the settings in the bin file aren't overridden by ET's runtime configuration.

FWIW - I usually get ET going, and then use the madVR tray app to configure it. You shouldn't have to mess directly with the files.

• 2 weeks later...
Della Dog

Don't do that. Just clean out the madVR folder and extract the files to the empty folder.

Don't use an executable, use the zip file

The problem I'm having doing exactly this is that it seems every auto update of the theater app clears out (empties) the bin folder in theater. I have to manually extract the madVr files to the emby folder after each update.

Della Dog

That's not very often though.

Well, something else is going on then.

I just checked C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\COMObjects\madVR and the folder was empty once again.

I just manually unzipped the files, again.

Della Dog

maybe anti-virus or anti-malware quarantined it.

Doubt it, standard windows 10 installation, no other virus/malware detection installed.

It happens fairly often and irregularly, so it's tied to something.

Guest asrequested

I've never had those folders emptied by anyone other than me. But it shouldn't matter now. Babgvant has got everything up to date. If they empty, they should automatically download to that folder. Try deleting that folder not just the contents and wait for it to come in.