[bug?] Incorrect lumping of shows

BloodyIron
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

BloodyIron

Hi Folks,

My emby is lumping "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" in with the same as "Kitchen Nightmares". The Ramsay's one is the UK version, and the "Kitchen Nightmares" one is the US one. I was really hoping they wouldn't get lumped into the same series as they have their own seasons.

So, is there something I can do about this? Or is this a bug? I'm not dying here, just unsure what exactly I should do here, but this doesn't seem right.

BloodyIron

I can't find an "Identify" option for the series folder though, unlike the Movies "Identify" function. What am I doing wrong here?

Also, I don't know if there's meta data in the files, I just have them in a organised folder structure, in fact both series are in separate folders named to their correct series.

Make sure the id is correct in the metadata. 

BloodyIron

Uhh, I'm not seeing the new stuff in the metadata manager, as in, the season for the "Kitchen Nightmares", Season 6, I don't see that under the "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" section, and I don't see a "Kitchen Nightmares" section neither. I tried browsing to the Season 6 in the normal play GUI and change the TVDB ID to the one you pointed me to (80552), but that doesn't seem to have changed it.

I feel stuck now :S

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares 74584

Kitchen Nightmares 80552

Use the metadata manager, and enter those numbers

Happy2Play

Ok we will need screen shots of your library setup. 

How are these series named? 

Do you have "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" enabled on that library (select that library via Dashboard-Librabry-select library).

• Like 1

BloodyIron

Oops, I have the merge on. I have turned it off, and I'm hitting rescan (should I do anything else also?).

For now I'm going to be reluctant to share some info about my setup, hopefully you can understand for privacy reasons. However, if it gets to the point where I have no choice, I'm probably going to share. But I'm not sure if we're at that point just yet :)

I'm hoping turning the merging off will fix it though :D

Ok we will need screen shots of your library setup. 

How are these series named? 

Do you have "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" enabled on that library (select that library via Dashboard-Librabry-select library).

Happy2Play

It will help some , but if all the wrong metadata is already there, there will be issues.  Have you preformed a library scan since disabling this option?

With merge disabled you should see two entries in Metadata Manager. 

• Like 1

BloodyIron

It looks like so far it did the trick. Turning off the merge turned it into two entries when browsing. This is of course after scanning and such. I re-identified the "Kitchen Nightmares" as it didn't have the correct, art, but it looks like it does now!

If I see any weirdness from turning this off I'll report back. But I think that setting did the trick, thanks! :D

It will help some , but if all the wrong metadata is already there, there will be issues.  Have you preformed a library scan since disabling this option?

With merge disabled you should see two entries in Metadata Manager. 

Happy2Play

Well now that both series have there proper IDs it shouldn't matter.

Can you post your naming scheme for each of these series.

BloodyIron

Naming Scheme? For which part?

Well now that both series have there proper IDs it shouldn't matter.

Can you post your naming scheme for each of these series.

Happy2Play

How did you name the series folders?

You can see here how TVDB list them and why Emby thought they were the same.

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares 
      Kitchen Nightmares
Kitchen Nightmares (US) 
      Kitchen Nightmares (2007)

The 'US" version has it in its naming scheme.  The "UK" version alias "Kitchen Nightmares".

BloodyIron

/Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares/

/Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares/Season XX

/Kitchen Nightmares/

/Kitchen Nightmares/Season XX

That's the naming convention I'm using currently, and looks to be working correctly after turning off the Merge settings on the Library.

How did you name the series folders?

You can see here how TVDB list them and why Emby thought they were the same.

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares 
      Kitchen Nightmares
Kitchen Nightmares (US) 

The 'US" version has it in its naming scheme.  The "UK" version alias "Kitchen Nightmares".

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (2004)

...or...

Kitchen Nightmares (US)

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (UK)

If you had added years, or regions, to the series name folder it wouldve worked right off the bat. I always do this if there are two or more of the same name and a possibility of mismatch.

Edited by speechles

• Solution
Happy2Play

/Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares/

/Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares/Season XX

/Kitchen Nightmares/

/Kitchen Nightmares/Season XX

That's the naming convention I'm using currently, and looks to be working correctly after turning off the Merge settings on the Library.

Merge is just the red herring in this situation.  The server just identified both your series as the same series, as shown how TVDB names them.

But ideally if you don't store series across multiple drives I would leave the merge/pool option disabled, it is a per TV content library option.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

BloodyIron

Yeah, still learning Emby tricks, so I didn't anticipate this would happen. Good to know though! :D

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (2004)

...or...

Kitchen Nightmares (US)
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (UK)

If you had added years, or regions, to the series name folder it wouldve worked right off the bat. I always do this if there are two or more of the same name and a possibility of mismatch.

BloodyIron

Yeah, turning Merge off seems like the way to go. I turned it on thinking it was a good idea, looks like it's not for me.

Also, did you just mark yourself the "Best Answer"? Isn't that something I get to do??? >: O

Merge is just the red herring in this situation.  The server just identified both your series as the same series, as shown how TVDB names them.

But ideally if you don't store series across multiple drives I would leave the merge/pool option disabled, it is a per TV content library option.

Edited by BloodyIron

Sorry, I marked the answer.  If you feel another response was more helpful, you can change it but I wanted to get the proper solution in the post at the top.  Thanks.

BloodyIron

No, I think it's the correct answer. I just like pressing buttons like that when it seems intended to be just mine ;P

Sorry, I marked the answer.  If you feel another response was more helpful, you can change it but I wanted to get the proper solution in the post at the top.  Thanks.