Beta - Dashboard

econ

Every time I open the beta app the server dashboard is reporting that both the beta app and BlueNeon are open on the same device.

If I open BlueNeon the dashboard reports correctly that only BlueNeon is connected.

post-2254-0-77306300-1485096908_thumb.jpg

Interesting. I see both the new app and our old official one (because that is the one I have installed).

I'm thinking somehow one is waking the other up...

I figured this out. It is because of how the apps are assign the device id.

GetDeviceUniqueId() as String

Returns the serial number of the unit running the script.  This is a 12 character alphanumeric string.  While this value was traditionally used to uniquely identify a device, we now recommend using the publisher ID for this purpose.  See GetPublisherId for more details.

GetPublisherId() as String

Returns a unique identifier of the unit running the script. This identifier is different across channels so each channel will get a different identifier when calling this function. This id is persistent and cannot be reset; It is therefore the recommended alternative to the ESN returned by GetDeviceUniqueId().  One example of how this value can be used by content partners is to manage or identify devices linked to their content services.

@@ebr To fix this, is as easy as swap GetDeviceUniqueId() for GetPublisherId(). I've done this now, ready for next update to blue neon. This is all you need to do too. Mark this as solved. Yay!!

• Like 1

Not fixed here. 1.19.4

Refresh your dashboard/restart your server.

I can no longer reproduce this in my setup.

To fix this completely, you need to go into the "devices" tab and remove all the roku devices. Let these repopulate with the changed device id when you start each app on your roku. This will solve the problem.

To fix this completely, you need to go into the "devices" tab and remove all the roku devices. Let these repopulate with the changed device id when you start each app on your roku. This will solve the problem.

I deleted the 2 roku's under devices, reboot server, open the beta app and both devices populate and show in the dashboard as active.

05f2ed25c8609001a787e5000bbf8adb.jpg

I deleted the 2 roku's under devices, reboot server, open the beta app and both devices populate and show in the dashboard as active.

05f2ed25c8609001a787e5000bbf8adb.jpg

I see the same thing with the appicon and url showing.

That should be AppIconUrl though. It's to add the icon bit. Except you shouldn't be seeing that part in the name. I think @@ebr missed a space, quote, comma or some variation of them adding it to the header.

I am not sure why the duplicate is showing up for blue neon though. I don't even use (blue neon) on the device name anymore. It has its own customized app icon now. So not sure, the server must be cache this information from somewhere to have it remain in sessions. Odd..

Edited by speechles

I think you are right about the info being cached somewhere. I fired up BN after deleting the roku's in devices and a different device is created. Not the one labeled blue neon in my previous post.

04332cea6f9058f602134fa262a9044a.jpg