Installing/Updating Server via Remote Desktop

overClocked!

overClocked!

Simple question.

Are there any known issues that would prevent a successful install or update of Media Browser 3 Server via Remote Desktop?  I recently had to rollback to version 3.0.5115.35703 via System Restore because for some reason, after updating to the LiveTV release and configuring ffdshow filters, my copy protected TV shows stopped playing in WMC (another topic for another day).  But now I'm ready to upgrade to back to 3.0.5135.31685, but I do not want to wait until I get home.  I have some downtime during lunch and I want to try this baby out again!

I also want to Install and configure ServerWMC LiveTV Plugin while I'm at it.

Does anyone forsee any issues performing this over a Remote Desktop connection? 

Here's my specs:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition

8GB RAM

nVidia 9500 GT 512MB

Ceton InfiniTV 4 CableCard Tuner (4 tuners)

Thanks!

elcabong

i only use remote desktop to control my server and have not had any issues..  just make sure you remote in under whatever user account you want running/storing info for mediabrowser. 

the only time im wary about doing anything over remote desktop is when the software (or I) need to change something with the network config, and im worried the network wont come back up or something.