Music spits out to WMC?

Disorganise

Disorganise

Hi,

Playing around with MBC (with chocolate theme if that makes any difference) and if I go into an album and select a track, I get spat out to Windows Media Centre which plays the track.  Is that the expected behaviour?  I kinda expected to stay in MB and have the opportunity to select more tracks

thanks

The default action when you click on a track is to play it.  That is what most people would want to do in that scenario.

You can just hit the back key and you will be right back where you were and can add more tracks if you wish.  Or you can play a whole album or artist or other folder.  Or, you can bring up the context menu (* key) and choose to queue the track directly.

Disorganise

Ok. I'll have to try the *

I agree selecting a track should play it. My surprise is that it's WMC that does the playing and not MB. For me (and more crucially my wife) there seems little point in going to MB to play music if you get passed out to WMC anyway. may as well stick with WMC.

I assume this will change with MBT though?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

That's the same way we handle video.  There is no player in MBC - it is just using the WMC player for all content.

The reason to use MBC is to have the ability to organize and view it in the MBC style.  The same reason you would use MBC over the DVD Library built into WMC.

• Like 1

Just a comment/opinion.. I think the way that WMC handles music and then pictures (not video) integration is by far the best of anything out there (PLEX, XBMC, Mediaportal, etc..) for music and pictures/photos it is intuitive and works really well.

The only thing that can be improved is the graphics presentation, with info on artist, backdrops, etc..) and that is really where MB comes in..

But, after you have started playing a song or 2, it is just not (for me at least) intuitive to go back to MB to add more tracks. I stick with WMC at that point.

Also, dealing with very large music libraries, the ability to hold down a arrow key on the remote and it then starting a alphabet "countdown" is really handy and quick for selecting albums or artists or even songs

This is not to sell MBC short, it shines at the data presentation, but after the initial songs are playing, it is more intuitive to use WMC..

• Like 1

I actually agree.  I think WMC does music very well.  We just have it in MB to provide consistency and also to platforms other than WMC.

I agree with ronvp. The user experience of browsing Music albums, selecting an album and playing it seems much more fluid and natural (to me) than MBC at the moment. Of course, I've got used to the WMC way of doing things, but currently the MBC way of having to remember to switch between the Play and the OK buttons on my MCE remote strikes me as being clumsy. I'm beginning to think that I should wait and see how MBT develops, because I currently see little reason to stop using WMC.

I also like the experience of the MB Windows 8.1 App for playing music. It's a pity that it's touch only...