Real Life Usage pattern

HTPCS

Priority fix

Server has option for Library folders, but kodi plugin does not. It only looks at Movies and TV shows when launching Amby app.  Music does integrate but all three are limited unless you can add " folders" for each criteria as option under app

Let me explain

Movies and TV shows fine

Lets say i have private video collection which is stand up comedy. It is a video collection but not movies.  so i need to add it as a top level or seperate linkable option under kodi menu. ( Video Path )

Lest say i want to present Music not under Kodi criteria but based on folders that are organised on server, like 60's 70's top 40 etc.  so when i acess, it is not using library but instead displays folders. 

Lets ays I have Anime, again like comedy, it is not movie but personal folder which i want to add as menu item in kodi skin

fix would be to allow kodi users to access plugin "From Kodi Appearance" and link to any sub folder or criteria as observed under library on server. 

Each object as depicted under amby should be seen as a separate object under Kodi

If i am not making sense, let me know. 

Regards, HTPCS

Edited by HTPCS

Ah Jesus

I think i have found it.  You guys are awesome. Exceptional product for child in the market.  you guys are going to blow competitors away.

Its hidden and not where i would expect to find it. now the trick is for me to find out how to link as menu item. 

Regards, HTPCS

Music is still an issue. 

There is no option to view music as folders. 

I have tried multiple configuration options, but the code just doesn't have it.   so where do i submit requests

Regards, HTPCS

Edited by HTPCS

xnappo

Music is still an issue. 

There is no option to view music as folders. 

I have tried multiple configuration options, but the code just doesn't have it.   so where do i submit requests

Regards, HTPCS

Not sure what you mean - if you are seeing something in native Kodi that is different when using Emby for Kodi then let us know, but it sound like you are talking about the way the Kodi library works.

• 3 weeks later...

So i dont have build at moment that can demo it. so here goes trying to explain

Emby music integration does an excellent job at importing Music into Music library that is accessible suing Kodi criteria - Songs, Albums etc

However when you add sources to music natively you point at a folder (source)  that contains the media.

You can access kodi  > Music > Sources >  and see the root folder

We however have our music organised under this folder within sub folders like 60's 70' 80's etc.   

Source

> 60s

>70s

>Now thats what i call...

>> Now 93 

>> Now 64

Then we point our Kodi Skin at the source folder on the home screen

Emby plugin does not present the source folder as an option so we cant link to it

Essentially we want users to be able to select "Music" on the home screen and be presented with a list of folders under the root source folders

Regards, HTPCS. 

im85288

Sounds like your wanting something very custom, python will help you achieve what you want.